Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Now that was truly awful.

The way DC is too I'd guess if Kirk doesn't play well next week against Tampa it'll be Colt's time to shine after the bye week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Redskins have been out scored 46-3 in the third quarters this season. Gruden's half time talks must be riveting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Redskins have been out scored 46-3 in the third quarters this season. Gruden's half time talks must be riveting!

So riveting that his team is still asleep until the 4th quarter starts .. to be fair the better teams tend to pick it up after the half. WE are not a good team, Kirk throws too many picks. This was my problem with him before he got the job and it's still his problem. He looks always ready to throw one. I don't know if Colt will be any better though but I do think RGIII gets another look ..

Can't see them risking RG3 with the 16 million guarantee for next season if he gets injured. Far too big a risk to take for a guy who has proved enough times that he's not up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Morrison J wrote: »
    Can't see them risking RG3 with the 16 million guarantee for next season if he gets injured. Far too big a risk to take for a guy who has proved enough times that he's not up to it.

Well he proved he was up to it... Then he got injured and hasn't been able to prove anything since.

Well he proved he was up to it... Then he got injured and hasn't been able to prove anything since.

Not in the current offense he hasn't proved anything.

If Gruden gets sacked mid-season (IF we lose to Tampa it could happen) then I'd give something like a 10% chance we see RG3 this season.

If Gruden is still here I don't see the point in trotting RG3 back out in an offense he's clearly completely lost in. The risk is far too great.

Not in the current offense he hasn't proved anything.

If Gruden gets sacked mid-season (IF we lose to Tampa it could happen) then I'd give something like a 10% chance we see RG3 this season.

If Gruden is still here I don't see the point in trotting RG3 back out in an offense he's clearly completely lost in. The risk is far too great.

I suppose it depends on if they (as in the top brass) see him as a QB they are going to play .. I don't think Gruden gets sacked but I think pressure to change back to RG III will happen.

I think he is more talented that Kirk and might just get another shot. You are right though he hasn't looked comfortable in this offence. Also I wonder how much those blockers want to play with him. Not much from most of what is being said in the media.

I suppose it depends on if they (as in the top brass) see him as a QB they are going to play .. I don't think Gruden gets sacked but I think pressure to change back to RG III will happen.

I think he is more talented that Kirk and might just get another shot. You are right though he hasn't looked comfortable in this offence. Also I wonder how much those blockers want to play with him. Not much from most of what is being said in the media.

He isn't more talented a pocket passing QB than Kirk though imo. He's so flawed fundamentally its insane. Can't anticipate a pass, too hesitant to throw into tight windows, can't move up in the pocket well, footwork always off etc.

You can mask some of that by running the read option, using his legs like Shanahan did so well in 2012 but thats not something we can just go back to mid-season and I don't think RG3 has the burst of speed needed for it now anyway.

2012 was the outlier for Griffin. Its really time we moved on imo. I'd personally be shocked if he's still in the league in 3 years.

I think it all comes down to the 16 million at the end of the day though anyway. Playing the most injury prone QB in the league when one injury can completely jeopardize next season too is quite the risk to be taking. Don't think McCloughan will be letting his first year in charge end in that type of a monumental mess up.

Kai Forbath's been signed by the Saints. So watch him nail a walk off 50 yarder when they play in week 10!

• Advertisement

Kai Forbath's been signed by the Saints. So watch him nail a walk off 50 yarder when they play in week 10!

The cycle is complete.

Forbath beat out Hocker with the Redskins.

Hocker beat out Hopkins with the Saints.

Hopkins beat out Forbath with the Redskins.

Forbath beat out Hocker with the Saints.

He isn't more talented a pocket passing QB than Kirk though imo. He's so flawed fundamentally its insane. Can't anticipate a pass, too hesitant to throw into tight windows, can't move up in the pocket well, footwork always off etc.

You can mask some of that by running the read option, using his legs like Shanahan did so well in 2012 but thats not something we can just go back to mid-season and I don't think RG3 has the burst of speed needed for it now anyway.

2012 was the outlier for Griffin. Its really time we moved on imo. I'd personally be shocked if he's still in the league in 3 years.

I think it all comes down to the 16 million at the end of the day though anyway. Playing the most injury prone QB in the league when one injury can completely jeopardize next season too is quite the risk to be taking. Don't think McCloughan will be letting his first year in charge end in that type of a monumental mess up.

wouldn't argue with any of that but the owners like RGIII and I just personally think they make sure he gets one more shot at the job.

So they've decided not to wait until the third quarter to go asleep this week?

Pathetic start. 3 and out then give up the the whole field in 4 plays. And it's Tampa Bay for God's sake

What happened there? A good third quarter and playing a team that gave away more stupid penalties than the Refskins. Bizarre.

What a game.

Serious positive that Kirk put the team on his back with no run game and lead 3 big drives. Having Jordan Reed back is huge for him too obviously.

Excited by what this team can do when healthy coming out of the bye now. Get Jackson, Hall and Culliver back and we're right in the mix in this division.

What a game.

Serious positive that Kirk put the team on his back with no run game and lead 3 big drives. Having Jordan Reed back is huge for him too obviously.

Excited by what this team can do when healthy coming out of the bye now. Get Jackson, Hall and Culliver back and we're right in the mix in this division.

Agreed and we're not even the worst Division I don't think with that mess of a division that the Colts lead.

What a game on Sunday though. Kirk was tremendous, you've all heard me slate him when he's bad but he deserves serious praise for what he did Sunday . Immense.

• Advertisement

The cycle is complete.

Forbath beat out Hocker with the Redskins.

Hocker beat out Hopkins with the Saints.

Hopkins beat out Forbath with the Redskins.

Forbath beat out Hocker with the Saints.

Nice to see Cobra Kai still doing good things for the Redskins by kicking the game winner against the Giants.

Two great results for us with the Cowboys and Giants losing!

That Giants defense is absolutely woeful.

This game's going to be over before the Redskns even get the ball.

For f%#k sake Garçon.

For f%#k sake Garçon.

Repeat.

The Patriots must be doing something to the balls. So many drops.

• Advertisement

Redskins receivers today

1zovi8o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That was underwhelming. I knew we were going to lose, but I kinda assumed it wouldn't be our own fault.

Ah well, nothing really lost by that ****up, on to the Saints and a game where we have a chance.

So we lose 27-10 but our defence is actually decent .. hmm ..

Anyway I wish the Saints had won yesterday have a bad feeling about this one now.

The Saints cant win with that defence though comedy stuff yesterday, surely we can put points on them

3 possessions 3 TDs. This game is going to end up 56-49. Awful defence from both teams so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

A stoppable force meets a movable object. It's entertaining to watch for sure, and I'm guessing we come out on top.

Great win. I know everyone seems to put up big numbers against the Saints these days but this was great to watch. Keeping Brees scoreless after he tied it at 14-14 was great from the defence.

Great win. I know everyone seems to put up big numbers against the Saints these days but this was great to watch. Keeping Brees scoreless after he tied it at 14-14 was great from the defence.

Completely agree. Good work from the defense going unnoticed by many. That 4th and 1 stop start of the 3rd quarter was huge. Chris Baker is a different player this year.

Jamison Crowder is slowly turning into one of our best offensive weapons. So dangerous with the ball in his hands.

If Cousins keeps up recent performances he's getting paid.

Quick question lads .. can we win the Division? I know I know I shouldn't be asking especially with that terrific Giants performance yesterday but I cant help but be optimistic.

I know the Saints defence is terrible but this is the third game in four where Cousins has been impressive and he wasn't that bad against the Patriots a little unlucky at times.

Morris got it going a little yesterday and Matt Jones is a threat as well. As soon as Garcon starts getting separation we are going to have a dangerous team

Quick question lads .. can we win the Division? I know I know I shouldn't be asking especially with that terrific Giants performance yesterday but I cant help but be optimistic.

I know the Saints defence is terrible but this is the third game in four where Cousins has been impressive and he wasn't that bad against the Patriots a little unlucky at times.

Morris got it going a little yesterday and Matt Jones is a threat as well. As soon as Garcon starts getting separation we are going to have a dangerous team

I think we can anyway. The Cowboys are as good as out of it, the Eagles aren't a good team and I honestly don't think the Giants are that good either. Patriots are pretty banged up at the moment and without Edelman and Dion Lewis they might be in a lot of tight games from here on in.

We're getting healthy at a good time with a lot of division games coming up too.

Panthers game this weekend will tell us a lot though I think. We've still yet to win on the road and need to put in a performance. I really like the direction our offense is going right now though.

I don't know what to make of this team. When it's midway in the 4th quarter and you have more turnovers than rushing yards you know there's something wrong!

I know they weren't going to win this game the way they were playing and by the letter of the law it was the correct call, but that flag on Culliver's pick 6 for all intents and purposes meant the game went from being 21-14 Redskins to 28-14 Rams and after that it was game over. Shame the ref didn't keep his flag stuck in his pants but as I say, it would have only probably delayed the Panthers as the defence couldn't do anything to stop Newton today

As well of turnover sit was back to the trend of the early weeks of the season with an endless amount of stupid penalties. At one stage there were 3 neutral zone infractions in the space of a few plays.

The only positive was Gruden's Odell Beckham Junior impression with a nice one handed catch on the sideline.

• Advertisement

Depressing loss alright. Thought the Culliver call was harsh but its the way the game is going these days I suppose. No idea what it is with us playing on the road. We're a completely different team.

Still got a game against the Giants next week for a chance to go first in the division. Thank god for the NFC East.

Ahhhhrrrrrggggghhhhh

@jaymishkin: The #redskins are heading to London next year to play the Bengals. Home game for Cincinnati. @wusa9 https://t.co/5byU4gaTXB

Turns out there could be two Redskins games in London next season. The Bengals one on 30/10 is set in stone but there's a chance they could be playing the Rams the week before too. The Rams are playing their matching position in the NFC East then so if the Redskins match how they do in their division, they'll be playing them too.

I've been to two IS games so far but having been to one game in the States as well, there really is no comparison in experiences and as a result I always said I'd never to another in London but I am tempted. Don't know if I could afford two games though.

Turns out there could be two Redskins games in London next season. The Bengals one on 30/10 is set in stone but there's a chance they could be playing the Rams the week before too. The Rams are playing their matching position in the NFC East then so if the Redskins match how they do in their division, they'll be playing them too.

I've been to two IS games so far but having been to one game in the States as well, there really is no comparison in experiences and as a result I always said I'd never to another in London but I am tempted. Don't know if I could afford two games though.

Will definitely go to the Cinci one, we should be decent next year as should they and that game could be a good one.

A win this weekend will put us in 1st place in the division ... who would have thought it possible!

Bad week for Chris Culliver just got worse. Torn MCL and ACL. Out for the season. Terrible news.

Back to CB for DeAngelo Hall so. Pretty big loss.

Good news is the Eagles are taking a hammering.

Back to CB for DeAngelo Hall so. Pretty big loss.

Good news is the Eagles are taking a hammering.

The funny thing is that if the Redskins beat NY on Sunday, the Eagles will still only be a game out of first! How bad is the NFCE?

The funny thing is that if the Redskins beat NY on Sunday, the Eagles will still only be a game out of first! How bad is the NFCE?

So so bad.

I'd like to think this is the end of the Eagles regardless though. They've completely fallen apart. Lost to the Dolphins, Buccs and Lions last three weeks. Got the Patriots next week.

Hopefully they keep Chip Kelly on for another year to continue the mess.

• Advertisement

So so bad.

I'd like to think this is the end of the Eagles regardless though. They've completely fallen apart. Lost to the Dolphins, Buccs and Lions last three weeks. Got the Patriots next week.

Hopefully they keep Chip Kelly on for another year to continue the mess.

Yeah, they're done. Kelly's lost the team and they've given up.

We need to win this weekend to give ourselves a chance if we do we could conceivably run the rest of the schedule to win the division. I think the game in Chicago will be difficult and in Dallas and who am I kidding in Philly too, we're terrible away from home.

Still a win for us this weekend would be huge.

We need to win this weekend to give ourselves a chance if we do we could conceivably run the rest of the schedule to win the division. I think the game in Chicago will be difficult and in Dallas and who am I kidding in Philly too, we're terrible away from home.

Still a win for us this weekend would be huge.

I'd fancy our chances in both games against Dallas now that Romo's out. And Philly have given up too so there's 3 winnable games. So one further win out of Chicago, Buffalo and NY and it's 8-8.

Of course this is the Redskins and they will lose games they're supposed to win so God only knows how it'll play out.

The division is there for the taking though. Just need to end the losing streak to the Giants.

I'd fancy our chances in both games against Dallas now that Romo's out. And Philly have given up too so there's 3 winnable games. So one further win out of Chicago, Buffalo and NY and it's 8-8.

Of course this is the Redskins and they will lose games they're supposed to win so God only knows how it'll play out.

The division is there for the taking though. Just need to end the losing streak to the Giants.

I think this weekend is key if we beat the Giants it's in our own hands.

I think this weekend is key if we beat the Giants it's in our own hands.

Giants have a couple of tough games against Carolina and Minnesota as well which is good for us.

Giants have a couple of tough games against Carolina and Minnesota as well which is good for us.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, I think if we beat the Giants and the rest of our division we should win the division, with us losing to Buffalo and maybe Chicago and the Giants dropping games to Carolina and the Vikings

• Advertisement

Turn the Giants over twice on their first two drives, both in their half and come away with 0 points and two 3 and outs. Awful play calling too.

They're going to blow this game.

Jordan Reed is killing them. 3 penalties so far for 30 yards.

Hope this isn't the kiss of death but the defence is playing great so far

If only the Redskins had any sort of running game. They could take big chunks out of the clock here.

This has 21-20 Giants written all over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement