Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Good day yesterday. Feels like a loss though.

F*** that Jack , one we really threw away in Overtime. Shocking miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

F*** that Jack , one we really threw away in Overtime. Shocking miss.

Yeah. That's 2 games in a row that have gotten away.

Although how the game would have played out had Cinci not missed their extra point, we'll never know.

I'm loving Crowder by the way. He's getting better every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Yeah. That's 2 games in a row that have gotten away.

Although how the game would have played out had Cinci not missed their extra point, we'll never know.

I'm loving Crowder by the way. He's getting better every game.

agree 100% he was immense on Sunday. I'm sort of annoyed at the play calling not using Vernon Davis more. He's obviously a big threat for us and made some huge plays on Sunday. Cousins is too fond of Reed in big play situations and we are too predictable. Go between the two and I think we'll be very difficult to stop.

that's two very winnable games that we should have taken. If we beat Dallas second time up it still probably wont be enough but JJ could help us out by replacing Dak with Tony.

agree 100% he was immense on Sunday. I'm sort of annoyed at the play calling not using Vernon Davis more. He's obviously a big threat for us and made some huge plays on Sunday. Cousins is too fond of Reed in big play situations and we are too predictable. Go between the two and I think we'll be very difficult to stop.

that's two very winnable games that we should have taken. If we beat Dallas second time up it still probably wont be enough but JJ could help us out by replacing Dak with Tony.

Talking of being predictable, there was a guy sitting directly behind me on Sunday who on a number of occasions called correctly what play the Redskins were going to run based on what he was seeing. So if a guy sitting in the cheap seats can see what's coming, you can only imagine what paid coaches sitting in the stands can see. And that's a big problem.

Talking of being predictable, there was a guy sitting directly behind me on Sunday who on a number of occasions called correctly what play the Redskins were going to run based on what he was seeing. So if a guy sitting in the cheap seats can see what's coming, you can only imagine what paid coaches sitting in the stands can see. And that's a big problem.

Well I think both of us having watched enough of the Redskins could do the same thing. We are completely predictable because we don't believe in our run game and Cousins has one go to Target. To be fair though Crowder and Davis both got free for big plays at the weekend. My one real gripe over the games we have lost is that Garcon is consistently getting free and not getting the ball, why?

• Advertisement

I see a hypothetical thing on NFL about players teams should trade for and the writer states the Giants should give up a second round pick for Jamaal Charles (hypothetical or not that seems very little for a quality RB) and yet they suggest we go get Alfred back from Dallas(why would they give up that 1-2 combo they have working so well, they wouldn't I think)

Hypotethically if Charles was available for a second round pick we should jump all over that. Even if it doesnt work out the cost wouldn't be overly prohibitive he's a free agent in 18 months and gives us a possible game changing back right now.

Well this season just got worse.

https://twitter.com/redskins/status/793567767685394437

Next man up os Ty Nsekhe which doesn't fill me with too much confidence to be honest. Looks like Kirk's going to have to get the ball out a lot quicker otherwise he'll be on his ass.

Well this season just got worse.

https://twitter.com/redskins/status/793567767685394437

Next man up os Ty Nsekhe which doesn't fill me with too much confidence to be honest. Looks like Kirk's going to have to get the ball out a lot quicker otherwise he'll be on his ass.

Might not be a bad thing. Kirk annoys the **** out of me scanning the field at times, I don't know why he's going to throw it to Reed or Crowder so just do it quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Last time I checked we 14 up,now we down 20 - 14 wtf😣

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Last time I checked we 14 up,now we down 20 - 14 wtf😣

I'd love a game that we control from the start and there's no stress and the game is in the bag by early in this the second half but I can't remember a game we've had like that. It's been a while anyway.

But the way the first quarter went today I thought it was going to be one of those game today. How wrong was I!!

• Advertisement

Back in front now but leaving too many points on the field AGAIN. That's 3 drives, 3 FGs this half. Not going to win games.

Nice!

A TD on this drive would be nice to give a bit of a gap. Another FG and the lead will be 6 meaning Minnesota go and score a game winning TD on the final drive. We all know that's what would happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Scoreboard isn't always showing it but we're playing really well lately. Offense is top 5 in the league and the defense improving all the time.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Scoreboard isn't always showing it but we're playing really well lately. Offense is top 5 in the league and the defense improving all the time.

Great offence until they get to the red zone where they're something like 30th in the league. Not going to win too many games relying on FGs.

6 point lead now with 2:30 to go. Let's hope they stay out of the prevent defence which always burns them.

Brilliant!!!

As soon as the defence attacked on that final drive they got it done.

Just glad declining that penalty didn't come back to bite them in the ass.

Great offence until they get to the red zone where they're something like 30th in the league. Not going to win too many games relying on FGs.

6 point lead now with 2:30 to go. Let's hope they stay out of the prevent defence which always burns them.

When we move the ball at will like we have done recently we'll win more than we lose. Dominating time of possession.

We need to pay Cousins after this year. He's been brilliant.

When we move the ball at will like we have done recently we'll win more than we lose. Dominating time of possession.

We need to pay Cousins after this year. He's been brilliant.

Yeah, the sooner they sign Cousins the better. The prospects for the team if he's not there next season don't bear thinking about.

I'm sure where the blame falls, whether it's Cousins, the play calling or the the rest of the offence but they have to start turning that time of possession advantage into points. It cost them wins in Detroit and London and nearly cost them again today.

Just watched the highlights of the loss to Dallas again in week 2, man how did we lose that game.

The division is probably gone, Dallas just too confident and going to be difficult to beat every week we need them to lose to many to come back to us but if we win the next three(big ask) we could put ourselves in the playoff conversation. The NFC is open this year and we could finish in a wild card spot.

I think we are actually much better equipped for a shot at the playoffs this year.

Kirk is earning serious $$$. Pro Bowl year the way he's playing.

Kirk is earning serious $$$. Pro Bowl year the way he's playing.

I just watched the condensed game. Was any explanation given as to why they went for 2 when it was 13-10 at the end of the first half?

• Advertisement

I just watched the condensed game. Was any explanation given as to why they went for 2 when it was 13-10 at the end of the first half?

Gruden said it was due to the wind. Apparently that end in FedEx gets a lot windier than the opposite end. Lucky it didn't come back to haunt us.

So we look legit contenders for the playoffs right now.

Ask me Friday....!!!!!

Ask me Friday....!!!!!

After we hand the 9-1 Cowboys their second loss,

yes I will ask you Friday.

Seriously I don't really care now if we lose to a 9-1 team it can hardly mean we are not in with a shout. Look at how terrible the rest of the NFC is, it could easily be three teams from our division in the playoffs... couldn't it?!?!

After we hand the 9-1 Cowboys their second loss,

yes I will ask you Friday.

Seriously I don't really care now if we lose to a 9-1 team it can hardly mean we are not in with a shout. Look at how terrible the rest of the NFC is, it could easily be three teams from our division in the playoffs... couldn't it?!?!

No shame in losing Thursday but I'm more interested in how they play. I know they're on short rest but if they get blown out and aren't competitive, then I'll hold off on claiming they're playoff bound.

Every other game is winnable but only if they play to their potential. There are no bad teams left on the schedule so do what they did against Cincinnati and Detroit and they'll be on the outside looking in.

Need to keep turning yards and possession into points and come away from red zone trips with 7s not 3s.

No shame in losing Thursday but I'm more interested in how they play. I know they're on short rest but if they get blown out and aren't competitive, then I'll hold off on claiming they're playoff bound.

Every other game is winnable but only if they play to their potential. There are no bad teams left on the schedule so do what they did against Cincinnati and Detroit and they'll be on the outside looking in.

Need to keep turning yards and possession into points and come away from red zone trips with 7s not 3s.

Agree 100% but what I liked about the last two weeks is the play calling. Its not just get to the 20 and try to feed Reed. Its been Crowder, Reed, Garcon and Davis

We have lots of options Thompson and Rob Kelley look a great 1-2 combo and you can be guaranteed that when Matt Jones gets another look he will be gagging to be good and hold onto the ball.

All in all I am much more hopeful this year than last year. But with that said three away games the next three weeks and that will decide whether we are playoff bound or not.

Of course we do we've a wild card berth as it stands! We're playing so so well at the moment. Easily one of the most exciting offenses in the NFL.

I'd actually be pretty confident playing the Cowboys but it's a massive ask playing them with three days rest. Ridiculous scheduling. Don't think we can read an awful lot into a loss if it happens.

Of course we do we've a wild card berth as it stands! We're playing so so well at the moment. Easily one of the most exciting offenses in the NFL.

I'd actually be pretty confident playing the Cowboys but it's a massive ask playing them with three days rest. Ridiculous scheduling. Don't think we can read an awful lot into a loss if it happens.

Its the same for the Cowboys though, the rest I mean.

But either way we have certain players (Norman, Garcon) who are going to absolutely love being on Primetime and being given the opportunity to beat the Cowboys in Dallas.

we have a great chance we shouldn't have lost the first game against them in fairness. Honestly I haven't been this excited for a thanksgiving game in years. Having a bunch of people over for dinner and we will have the football on after.

going to be epic!

F*** I just went looking at all the schedules. IF we managed to win the next three and moved to 9-3-1 there is every chance that would be good enough for the Division lead with Dallas at Minnesota next week and at the Giants the week after. Considering the Giants should beat Cleveland next week and then lose to Pittsburgh if the Giants could beat the Cowboys .. in case you cant gather from all this I am a) too excited and b) ready for the Redskins to demoralise me with a 42-14 loss this week

• Advertisement

Well that wasn't the start we wanted.

Awful play call AGAIN on 3rd down in the red zone.

Icing your own kicker is never good. And as in London, Hopkins misses the second time.

Those Hopkins field goals the difference. Red zone offense still a problem too.

Matched them everywhere else. Wouldn't be afraid to play the Cowboys in the play offs at all. They're very good but definitely beatable. Cousins brilliant again.

Red zone offense still a problem too.

That's what's going to keep this team out of the playoffs. Not going to get it done racking up big yards if you keep coming away with 3s (or 0s!).

I'm more confident of making the play offs after that game than before tbh. We probably win that game if Hopkins is on his usual form.

• Advertisement

we definitely have a chance of the playoffs. We actually scored last night but I think Gruden maybe should have went for it on the first field goal attempt. Either way was all very unlucky missing two field goals which would have been massive. I mean if we just had gotten one the pressure on the cowboys would have been immense. Part of the problem though I feel is that in the red zone we are completely predictable, we are going to Reed, end of story. So he needs to spread it round. Garcon is one of the best WR's in the league catching under pressure, Vernon Davis too and Thompson/Jackson/Crowder all have safe hands. I think our OC needs to try to put the ball around more.

Kirk, unreal again last night. Sign him to a long contract now.

Part of the problem though I feel is that in the red zone we are completely predictable

Another area where they are totally predictable is on 3rd and longs. 99 times out of 100 you're guaranteed a screen pass that goes for about 4 yards. Throw the ball down field for God's sake!!

Another area where they are totally predictable is on 3rd and longs. 99 times out of 100 you're guaranteed a screen pass that goes for about 4 yards. Throw the ball down field for God's sake!!

I'd prefer they mix it up completely, allow Crowder in the screen pass and Thompson coming out of the backfield and then have Davis and Jackson go deep to spread it, they never seem to spread it out and give their big play makers a chance on 3rd and long.

on an unrelated note, that throw on third and 1 to Jackson, what a peach. We have a couple of real tough ones coming up in the next two weeks.

So a must win ahead this weekend, the next two weekends in actual fact are completely must win.

So a must win ahead this weekend, the next two weekends in actual fact are completely must win.

They pretty much all are now. I reckon they'd have to go 4-1 down the stretch to get in.

• Advertisement

They pretty much all are now. I reckon they'd have to go 4-1 down the stretch to get in.

Yeah probably right Looking at the schedule though it is possible. This weekend is a massive one. Three tough away games in a row including last week but with the team playing so well hopefully we can get it done.

anyone think the Vikings can hand the Cowboys their second loss tonight?

Johnson's already killing us. 2 games in a row now that the opposition has gone the full field on the opening drive.

Two 3rd and longs converted on that drive by Arizona too. If they had Sean McVeigh calling plays, they'd have been little screen passes for 3 yard gains.

This is a shambles. They've had 10 days to prepare for this game and they've come out so flat.

That was an awful 3 and out. 2 false starts in a row is not acceptable.

Need to stop them on this drive. Can't go 14-0 down.

That's more like it D.

Need to feed Kelley more.

Need to feed Kelley more.

Yep. What's he had, 1 carry so far?

And on d, another 3rd and long given up.

Really hope when Trent Williams is back we put him at LG. Lauvao is a liability and Nsekhe is really good. Put your 5 best players out there.

Really hope when Trent Williams is back we put him at LG. Lauvao is a liability and Nsekhe is really good. Put your 5 best players out there.

These false starts are killing us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement