Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Great drive by the D there. Good field position. Need to cash this in.

These false starts are killing us.

And another one....

So 1st and goal from the 2 and they run it once?

And yet again another red zone trip that ends with a FG.

Has Kirk ever completed that fade pass? I don't know why they keep trying it.

Great start to 2nd half. Nice that they ran it on 2nd and 3rd downs.

Levau needs to be cut before they even get to the airport

How many times now have they converted on 3rd and 8 plus?

Redskins defence is a joke. Joe Barry is awful as DC.

1 point game. Time for Joe Barry to prove me wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

2nd best thing that could've happened there really. At least we have the ball back.

Feel like no 50/50 calls by the refs have been going our way this year.

Morrison J wrote: »

Feel like no 50/50 calls by the refs have been going our way this year.

That's only making excuses for this God awful defence. Offence always going to get those calls.

Last 3 possessions for Arizona. 3 TDs.

That's only making excuses for this God awful defence. Offence always going to get those calls.

Last 3 possessions for Arizona. 3 TDs.

Nah the Garcon push off against the Bengals comes to mind. Brutal call that went against the offense and cost us the game.

We've had a lot of them this year for sure.

Nah the Garcon push off against the Bengals comes to mind. Brutal call that went against the offense and cost us the game.

We've had a lot of them this year for sure.

Maybe. But I'm sure there's been one we've gotten that we can't remember.

And there's the game.

At least that interception saved us the heartbreak of scoring the TD then throwing the fade on the on the 2pt conversion and failing miserably.

Apparently Gruden went ballistic on the team after the game yesterday.

I know they were very sloppy and probably deserved an earful but I think he needs to look at himself, Barry and McVay as well.

They had over a week to get them ready for this game yet it was the same old predictable offence and the same old dreadful defence. They seemed surprised that the Johnson and Fitzgerald were the ones making plays.

• Advertisement

Interesting stat

https://twitter.com/rich_tandlercsn/status/806217398646935553

It must be nice having an offence that can score a TD from inside the 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Heartbreaker but we can still make the playoffs, because the rest of the NFC is so Damn bad

Dodged a bullet there.

I think the only way the Eagles aren't going to score when they have the ball is if the mess up themselves. Again, the defence has been awful so far.

Dunbar, take a seat on the bench

Another awful call on 3rd and long. The receiver's route was only about 6 yards and there were 2 defenders on him as the ball reached him so even if he caught it he would have been short.

Although those 6 yards might have made it easier for Hopkins.

• Advertisement

Go on Fat Rob......!!!!!

Can't get off the field on 3rd downs again. That was another 3rd and long completion with 0 pressure on Wentz. And the Eagles OL are missing a couple of starters.

This defence is embarrassing.

Breeland was awful there.

Apparently Rex Ryan is getting fired in Buffalo tomorrow. Someone tweeted earlier that the Redskins should go after him as DC.

I don't remember an Eagles punt in the 1st half so they've gone the length of the field on all of their possessions. The only time they didn't score was the end zone interception.

Great catch by DeSean there.

Now the Eagles are even converting on 4th downs.

Caught another break there with the long snap.

Let's take advantage.

Lovely TD.

Time for the defence to step up now.

Playing in 2nd gear and 8 points up in the 4th. Riding our luck to an extent but its never a bad sign.

Playing in 2nd gear and 8 points up in the 4th. Riding our luck to an extent but its never a bad sign.

Yeah definitely got lucky a couple of times. Need to see it out though.

• Advertisement

I usually like this commentating crew (burkhardt was an old Mets guy back in the day) but his mate has made a couple of ridiculous statements.

1 Joe Barry is a great coach who has done great things in this league. He must have forgotten the 0-16 as DC in Detroit.

2 The Redskins OL is the second best in the league, or up there with them. What....????

Kirk, oh Kirk.

Curse of the commentator

Everett's an idiot. That's 2 special team 15 yard penalties in a row. 1st one indirectly led to a TD.

Correct call. Great challenge by Gruden that.

Score too early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This isn't looking good

A win's a win I suppose but that has got to be the worst performance of the season. Considering who they were playing and what the Eagles were missing, that performance was terrible.

Cam Newton's going to be padding his numbers next Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

You gotta love Ryan kerrigan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

A win's a win I suppose but that has got to be the worst performance of the season. Considering who they were playing and what the Eagles were missing, that performance was terrible.

Cam Newton's going to be padding his numbers next Monday.

Eh .. to be fair the Eagles have beaten the Vikings, Steelers and Atlanta at home. Hardly a walk in the park going to Philly, we're only the second team to win there this season.

Overall another solid display. I think we can win next week and after this weekend we will need to. Tampa Bay winning yesterday was a disaster for us.

Eh .. to be fair the Eagles have beaten the Vikings, Steelers and Atlanta at home. Hardly a walk in the park going to Philly, we're only the second team to win there this season.

Overall another solid display. I think we can win next week and after this weekend we will need to. Tampa Bay winning yesterday was a disaster for us.

I can't agree with you at all there TRDA. The Eagles have been awful for about a month now and are not a good team at the moment. I know we'd injuries too but they were missing a few key players yesterday too. They're on their 3rd RG and missing their OT yet for the most part, were easily able to handle our pressure. And I won't even mention the long snapper issue..!!!

We must have been watching 2 different games as I can't see how you can say it was a solid performance. The defence came up with a couple of plays when it counted but yet again they gave up so many yards and couldn't get off the field on 3rd (or 4th downs!). And a lot of them were 3rd and 7-8 or longer too. Far from solid!

I think the fact that Philly only scored 15 on offence was because of the Eagles ineptitude when it counted as opposed to great defence (closing out sack excluded). The time of possession stats says it all.

It wasn't just the yards/time though, it was the way they were opened up. There were times when Eagles receivers were catching the ball and there wasn't even a defender in sight. Their TEs were loving it. I don't know what the game plan is on defence.

The DBs are all over the place and cant even do basic stuff right like anticipating routes etc. depending on the down and distance. Breeland, Ianacho and Dunbar were all guilty of this.

Kerrigan is a God and without him I don't know where we'd be. There was one time when he had Wentz around the ankles for a good 4-5 seconds but where was the help? No one else was able to get to him and Wentz got off the pass for another 1st down.

Cam's going to destroy this defence next week.

I can't agree with you at all there TRDA. The Eagles have been awful for about a month now and are not a good team at the moment. I know we'd injuries too but they were missing a few key players yesterday too. They're on their 3rd RG and missing their OT yet for the most part, were easily able to handle our pressure. And I won't even mention the long snapper issue..!!!

We must have been watching 2 different games as I can't see how you can say it was a solid performance. The defence came up with a couple of plays when it counted but yet again they gave up so many yards and couldn't get off the field on 3rd (or 4th downs!). And a lot of them were 3rd and 7-8 or longer too. Far from solid!

I think the fact that Philly only scored 15 on offence was because of the Eagles ineptitude when it counted as opposed to great defence (closing out sack excluded). The time of possession stats says it all.

It wasn't just the yards/time though, it was the way they were opened up. There were times when Eagles receivers were catching the ball and there wasn't even a defender in sight. Their TEs were loving it. I don't know what the game plan is on defence.

The DBs are all over the place and cant even do basic stuff right like anticipating routes etc. depending on the down and distance. Breeland, Ianacho and Dunbar were all guilty of this.

Kerrigan is a God and without him I don't know where we'd be. There was one time when he had Wentz around the ankles for a good 4-5 seconds but where was the help? No one else was able to get to him and Wentz got off the pass for another 1st down.

Cam's going to destroy this defence next week.

Have you been watching Cam the last few weeks Jack? He has been terrible.

I am not saying our defence was good. But the overall performance, we got it done again.

Its going to be impossible to win with the defence giving up so much no doubt about that but our offence gives us chances. They changed things up offensively for once at the weekend. Gruden and the OC seem to be giving more looks to the likes of Jackson, Garcon which we need to do.

Look we both know our defence is pants. Norman and Kerrigan are the only top class players we have though so it's hardly surprising? Norman came up big on a couple of break ups yesterday again. And you can be sure he'll be all over this game next week.

Have you been watching Cam the last few weeks Jack? He has been terrible.

I am not saying our defence was good. But the overall performance, we got it done again.

Its going to be impossible to win with the defence giving up so much no doubt about that but our offence gives us chances. They changed things up offensively for once at the weekend. Gruden and the OC seem to be giving more looks to the likes of Jackson, Garcon which we need to do.

Look we both know our defence is pants. Norman and Kerrigan are the only top class players we have though so it's hardly surprising? Norman came up big on a couple of break ups yesterday again. And you can be sure he'll be all over this game next week.

I know Cam and the Panthers haven't been great but he's still a threat with this legs and with no pressure and the DL/LBs inability to finish off sacks etc., I can see him doing damage with the run.

He'll probably stay the hell away from Norman too so will be aiming to beat up on Breeland on the other side so hopefully they'll give him some extra protection (and keep Dunbar on the bench!).

As you said before, they need to feed Fat Rob which for a while they looked like they were going to do yesterday. Let's hope they put more emphasis on the run although that'll probably depend on the health of the OL.

I know Cam and the Panthers haven't been great but he's still a threat with this legs and with no pressure and the DL/LBs inability to finish off sacks etc., I can see him doing damage with the run.

He'll probably stay the hell away from Norman too so will be aiming to beat up on Breeland on the other side so hopefully they'll give him some extra protection (and keep Dunbar on the bench!).

As you said before, they need to feed Fat Rob which for a while they looked like they were going to do yesterday. Let's hope they put more emphasis on the run although that'll probably depend on the health of the OL.

I think they need to add Jones back to the match day squad. Have Rob fine but Jones is a playmaker. He can rip off TD runs, I know he has problems with ball security but that comes with the explosiveness in his game, hopefully he'll get better. I still think he should be an option, having him in two back sets would put the defence off kilter because he does have break away speed.

Also throw the F***in thing to Davis in the end zone.

I think they need to add Jones back to the match day squad. Have Rob fine but Jones is a playmaker. He can rip off TD runs, I know he has problems with ball security but that comes with the explosiveness in his game, hopefully he'll get better. I still think he should be an option, having him in two back sets would put the defence off kilter because he does have break away speed.

Also throw the F***in thing to Davis in the end zone.

I think Mack Brown is in the concussion protocol after a hit yesterday so I'd say we might get Jones back next week.

• Advertisement

I think Mack Brown is in the concussion protocol after a hit yesterday so I'd say we might get Jones back next week.

Hopefully. Just looking at his stats for the season. Fumbles aside he was productive.

Biggest game of the season tonight .. So what do you think?

Biggest game of the season tonight .. So what do you think?

Ah you know me, always the pessimist expecting a loss..!!

I haven't a clue though to be honest. You just can't tell with this team. The offence should put up points. It's just whether the defence can get off the field on 3rd downs. I know Cam's having a bad year by his standards but he's still dangerous running and we need players other than RK to get into the backfield and take him down.

Hopefully Hopkins can get back to the way he was kicking the ball in the first 6 weeks too. It might come down to who has the ball last and he has to kick a FG to win it.

A narrow Redskins win with them holding on for dear life at the end is what I'm going to go with.

Ah you know me, always the pessimist expecting a loss..!!

I haven't a clue though to be honest. You just can't tell with this team. The offence should put up points. It's just whether the defence can get off the field on 3rd downs. I know Cam's having a bad year by his standards but he's still dangerous running and we need players other than RK to get into the backfield and take him down.

Hopefully Hopkins can get back to the way he was kicking the ball in the first 6 weeks too. It might come down to who has the ball last and he has to kick a FG to win it.

A narrow Redskins win with them holding on for dear life at the end is what I'm going to go with.

Man I dont want it to go like that a nice 35-13 blow out would be prefect. I dont think I can take the drama this year.

Cam is also nursing a sore shoulder. If the game gets away from them early they might rest him and put him on IR.

The extent of Cam and Keuchley's injuries might have a big say in the game alright. Panthers officially eliminated as of yesterday though so hopefully that takes a bit of motivation out of them.

It's a game we should win really but how we defend against Cam's legs would be my major worry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement