Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I would definitely take Murray if the opportunity arose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

About time they did something. Hopefully the start of a few moves.

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/974388275115909120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

3 year, $24M max. Feels like a pretty good deal to me!

Mason Foster just tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/Mason_Foster/status/974398595943321600

So either he's late to the ZB news, or there's something else brewing.

Is there any startable CBs left on the market? Most recent mock I seen had us taking Mike Hughes. Not knowledgeable enough to speak on the incoming rookies tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was in for a visit already.

E.J. Gaines, Darqueze Dennard, Rashaan Melvin, Morris Claiborne are the pick of the other CBs out there.

DRC or EJ Gaines be decent. Claiborne signed elsewhere now and thinks Melvin may have too.

That 3 year $24M deal fro Zach Brown (NFL.com’s #19 in their top 101 free agents) looks great value when you see Demario Davis got the same 3/$24M (#63 free agent)

Breeland and Grant both failed their physicals with their new teams.

Seen that, poor Grant got screwed. Seen his visiting with the Colts instead...

Some bodies in the door for a visit...

• Advertisement

Hankins has signed according to Rappaport

https://twitter.com/RapSheiet/status/975391348000948227

That's a fake account :/@RapSheiet??? And that's a fake 'tick' after it haha

gerryfed wrote: »
    That's a fake account :/@RapSheiet??? And that's a fake 'tick' after it haha

Good spot. I fell for it anyway.

Orlando Scandrick signed - 2 year/10Mil deal

Redskins ‘working hard’ to get a deal done for Johnathan Hankins. PFF graded him as 20th out of 122 qualifying interior defensive lineman. Surely an upgrade for us? Would imagine it would be about 7/8M a year...

Orlando Scandrick signed - 2 year/10Mil deal

Redskins ‘working hard’ to get a deal done for Johnathan Hankins. PFF graded him as 20th out of 122 qualifying interior defensive lineman. Surely an upgrade for us? Would imagine it would be about 7/8M a year...

I was reading on a few places yesterday that one of the he reasons they might have gone for Scandrick over DRC is that he was cheaper leaving more scope for getting a deal done with Hankins or McPhee from Chicago who was also in.

All depends on whether those 2 get better offers elsewhere or whether they want to play for the Redskins in the first place.

DT Sylvester Williams signing with Lions. I read they had Hankins visiting yesterday/today, hopefully this puts an end to that interest and Hankins signs for cheaper :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I heard yesterday that we were looking at Murray on a short term deal.

I presume it one or the other with these two? I certainly wouldn’t know enough about either of them to say who I’d prefer.

At least they’re getting one of them (hopefully anyway).

• Advertisement

I presume it one or the other with these two? I certainly wouldn’t know enough about either of them to say who I’d prefer.

At least they’re getting one of them (hopefully anyway).

Same. For draft purposes, I’d rather sign Hankins and then use our 1st rounder on the best CB on left on our board personally. Time will tell

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/978353506942902272

I wonder is there any money left for Hankins (or a willingness to seriously go after him)?

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/978353506942902272

I wonder is there any money left for Hankins (or a willingness to seriously go after him)?

Seen that. Doubt it, probably just that the best DT available at 13

Seen that. Doubt it, probably just that the best DT available at 13

If Mayfield is still there at 13 do we draft him?

I don’t know. They’re all in on Smith and have kind of committed to him for the next 3 years. Is Mayfield going to be happy sitting for 3 years? I doubt it.

I’d prefer them to take a top end DL guy in round 1 and then RB in round 2.

I don’t know. They’re all in on Smith and have kind of committed to him for the next 3 years. Is Mayfield going to be happy sitting for 3 years? I doubt it.

I’d prefer them to take a top end DL guy in round 1 and then RB in round 2.

I would prefer they take an offensive player myself. I think if Ridley is there they should take him.

You'd have to feel bad for Smith if we took Mayfield, poor guy keeps getting turfed out despite doing 'nothing wrong'.

I'd lean towards a defensive pick personally at #13. With a healthy OLine, I'd give Perine, Thompson and Fat Rob one more year... unless they fancy a certain rookie in the 4th/5th.

Not having a 3rd rounder is a bit of a pain in the arse

You'd have to feel bad for Smith if we took Mayfield, poor guy keeps getting turfed out despite doing 'nothing wrong'.

I'd lean towards a defensive pick personally at #13. With a healthy OLine, I'd give Perine, Thompson and Fat Rob one... unless they fancy a certain rookie in the 4th/5th.

Not having a 3rd rounder is a bit of a pain in the arse

Ridley looks a serious athlete. He cam stretch the field and can play underneath. I think he would be a great weapon to match up with Doctson in a couple of years.

Also give smith another target. Thompson and Reed have injury worries and we will struggle for targets from last years back ups.

According to Adam Schefter on twitter...

Broncos get:
    S Su’a Cravens
    4th-2018 (113th)
    5th-2018 (149th)

Redskins get:
    4th-2018 (109th)
    5th-2018 (142nd)
    5th-2018 (163rd)
    Conditional 6th-round pick in 2020

Feels like he was worth a little more, but better then nothing I guess

• Advertisement

According to Adam Schefter on twitter...

Broncos get:
    S Su’a Cravens
    4th-2018 (113th)
    5th-2018 (149th)

Redskins get:
    4th-2018 (109th)
    5th-2018 (142nd)
    5th-2018 (163rd)
    Conditional 6th-round pick in 2020

Feels like he was worth a little more, but better then nothing I guess

Yeah, I suppose they were cutting their losses and getting anything they could.

Advertisement