Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd like to see him get thrown in for the rest of the season. While what you say about the OL and medical team might be true but to be fair to the OL, they're only giving up 2.8 sacks per game (ranked 20th) so they're not atrocious in that aspect of the game. But being honest, is that really going to change drastically between now and next year? It might get slightly better but going on the history of Redskins drafts/free agency, I wouldn't be too confident that the OL will suddenly become top 10 in the league. So if he's going to get battered this season, he's going to get battered next season too. So I don't buy that argument as a reason for redshirting him.

Another argument I've read is that his confidence could be shot if he plays and plays badly the rest of the year. Have you heard this guy? He's the most confident a young QB could be. And throwing a million interceptions in his first year didn't do Peyton Manning any harm (I'm in no way comparing Haskins to Manning by the way).

He's had the majority of the reps since the Vikings game so unlike his other appearances, he's not getting thrown in unprepared. I'd love to see him start against the Bills and their very good defence. It's a lost season and baring him getting injured which let's be fair can happen to anyone at any time, I don't see a downside to it. You never know, he might play well and give the team a bit of a spark!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I'd like to see him get thrown in for the rest of the season. While what you say about the OL and medical team might be true but to be fair to the OL, they're only giving up 2.8 sacks per game (ranked 20th) so they're not atrocious in that aspect of the game. But being honest, is that really going to change drastically between now and next year? It might get slightly better but going on the history of Redskins drafts/free agency, I wouldn't be too confident that the OL will suddenly become top 10 in the league. So if he's going to get battered this season, he's going to get battered next season too. So I don't buy that argument as a reason for redshirting him.

Another argument I've read is that his confidence could be shot if he plays and plays badly the rest of the year. Have you heard this guy? He's the most confident a young QB could be. And throwing a million interceptions in his first year didn't do Peyton Manning any harm (I'm in no way comparing Haskins to Manning by the way).

He's had the majority of the reps since the Vikings game so unlike his other appearances, he's not getting thrown in unprepared. I'd love to see him start against the Bills and their very good defence. It's a lost season and baring him getting injured which let's be fair can happen to anyone at any time, I don't see a downside to it. You never know, he might play well and give the team a bit of a spark!

I agree completely throw him in and see what we have

I agree completely throw him in and see what we have

Shefter reporting that Haskins is being named starter for Sunday.

Jesus, what an awful start.

New head coach, same old brain dead errors. How can you not declare as an eligible receiver on the very first play? That was obviously the planned opening play all week yet they have a brain fart and forget to tell the officials. Well coached teams do not make that kind of mistake.

Then letting the Bills waltz down the field and score other first possession without ever needing a 3rd down. And of course Cole Beasley who tormented us as a Cowboy is the one who catches the TD. Is there any point in watching any more of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Jesus, what an awful start.

New head coach, same old brain dead errors. How can you not declare as an eligible receiver on the very first play? That was obviously the planned opening play all week yet they have a brain fart and forget to tell the officials. Well coached teams do not make that kind of mistake.

Then letting the Bills waltz down the field and score other first possession without ever needing a 3rd down. And of course Cole Beasley who tormented us as a Cowboy is the one who catches the TD. Is there any point in watching any more of this?

It’s hard to care alright. So impotent on offense it’s unreal.

Can you imagine how bad things would be if the AP acquisition was a bust!

Yer man Fred Smoot is hilarious 😂

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    Yer man Fred Smoot is hilarious 😂

I like him on the post game show but that show can be annoying when they allow callers on. Most have nothing to say. They should also bring back Kevin Sheehan and get him to call in.

I like him on the post game show but that show can be annoying when they allow callers on. Most have nothing to say. They should also bring back Kevin Sheehan and get him to call in.

Yeah that’s where I listen to him (post game show). Most of the callers are fairly rubbish and to be honest I can’t understand what a lot of them are saying. I’d say a fair portion of the callers are tanked up when they call in :pac:

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1193965539078619139

Good to see this. At least we'll have 7 games to see what he has (even though it's on a bad team). Number 2 in the draft standings at the moment with some good QBs. I wonder would they do what Arizona did?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1193965539078619139

Good to see this. At least we'll have 7 games to see what he has (even though it's on a bad team). Number 2 in the draft standings at the moment with some good QBs. I wonder would they do what Arizona did?

Bit early to think about doing an Arizona, was impressed with some of the things Haskins has done in the last start. Looked alot more competent that his previous efforts. Be interesting to see what it looks like come week 17.

All his college scouts and people in and around the game seem to think that he will be a good bet for the Franchize .. which of course means we'll do an Arizona on it and end up with a massive bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Haskins shouldn't be playing right now. You don't have a good offensive line and the best way to ruin a young QB is to have him facing pressure every time he takes a snap.
    The guy is massively talented and will work out if he has protection.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Haskins shouldn't be playing right now. You don't have a good offensive line and the best way to ruin a young QB is to have him facing pressure every time he takes a snap.

That OL won’t be drastically better next year so he’s going to be facing pressure eventually.

That OL won’t be drastically better next year so he’s going to be facing pressure eventually.

Its not a great offensive line but it's not the worst either, we're somewhere in the middle pack.

Sometimes you have to throw a guy in, personally I'm glad they've done it now.

Do you reckon they've sold any of these? Why would anyone buy this?

https://twitter.com/SportsEsquire/status/1196119034439372800

14 quarters and counting without a TD now.

Just giving the Jets points now.

82 yard swing on 1 play. 67 yard pass negated by holding and then another 15 tacked on for arguing.

Redskins scoring drive. 4 plays, -10 yards. FG.

So even when they start a drive from the Jets 16 yard line, they can’t get a TD.

• Advertisement

So 2 turnovers, starting drives on the Jets 16 and 30 yard line and they come away with 3 points.

I’d like to think this is rock bottom but I’m not sure it is.

Why the hell is a receiver running a 4 yard route on a 3rd and 5? It’s these things that drive me nuts.

14 quarters and counting without a TD now.

Make that 15 and counting.

Jesus what an awful throw by Haskins.

Touchdown Redskins, never thought I’d see one again.

Nice to hear chants of “Sell the Team” from the sparse crowd. Not that tone deaf Dan Snyder will hear them.

They should not play 'Hail to The Redskins' when they're down by 20+ points in the last few minutes of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Fair play JP. That is one depressing monologue!

Tickets going for as low as $4 for Sunday’s game

https://twitter.com/robertklemko/status/1197549758392553472?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

If there is any game that Haskins will look decent in, it should be todays game against the Lions. Hell, they made Trubisky look like a competent QB.
    Since week 7, here is how Detroit's D is doing:
    • 125.5 passer rating allowed (32nd)
    • 1,485 passing yards allowed (31st)
    • 16 passing touchdowns allowed (32nd)
    • 0 interceptions (32nd)
    • 8.5 yards per attempt allowed (32nd)

It might help him gain some confidence at least.

Advertisement