Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

D9Male wrote: »
    Fair play JP. That is one depressing monologue!

I'll keep my thoughts to one post this week!!

Delighted with the win. Haskins missed a few today but I thought he was unlucky on a couple of occasions and was ok towards the end. Good to see some young players getting a shot and making a few plays too.

Apparently Haskins missed the final kneel down play (Keenam took it) as he was taking selfies with fans. No doubt that's what all the talk will be about tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I'll keep my thoughts to one post this week!!

Delighted with the win. Haskins missed a few today but I thought he was unlucky on a couple of occasions and was ok towards the end. Good to see some young players getting a shot and making a few plays too.

Apparently Haskins missed the final kneel down play (Keenam took it) as he was taking selfies with fans. No doubt that's what all the talk will be about tomorrow.

Wont help that most of the Sportscasters ripped him one for doing it.

Honestly couldnt care less about that. He's young , he made a mistake he'll learn from it. Could do with watching a bit of Brady to be fair, the man was still arguing with the officials after the final whistle last night about the time still being on the clock on his throw away at the end. Mad competitive.

Could be screwing ourselves out of draft capital but it was good to get a win. Gaskins needed it too I feel. While he missed a few yesterday as you said he was also unlucky on one or two but overall he has shown plenty of potential. Which is good.

Well that was a crazy game. The first 10 minutes they looked disinterested and all over the place and I thought it was going to be a rout for Carolina.

From then on though (until the last 4 minutes) the defence played with swagger and considering Kerrigan was out and they were playing guys who were on the street last week, that was some achievement. Ioannitis was great today and Sweat stepped up at last. As usual though, with a lead towards the end of the game they went into prevent defence mode and nearly threw it away. When will they realise that they cannot play the prevent defence successfully. They never have and probably never will. And don't get me started on the onside kick...!!! One other bad thing was Jeremy Sprinkle. It seems he has butter on his gloves as every week he seems to drop numerous catchable passes.

But enough of the bad.....

Great performance from Peterson and Guice. Guice is a beast and providing he stays healthy, he's going to be a great RB for the next few years. And those WRs. McLaurin, Sims and Harmon are all very young and all have great potential. So with Guice (and who knows what Bryce Love will be like?) and those 3 WRs, they have some great young weapons for Haskins (who I thought was decent enough today, if not spectacular).

I'd like to hear why Anderson was thrown out and their guy wasn't. Both helmet to helmet hits that looked as bad as each other.

• Advertisement

So you're saying there's a chance........

https://twitter.com/DullesDistrict/status/1201265329021890563

I don’t like this new tactic of spotting the opposition a 14-0 start each week.

Another very good performance for the 'skins after the usual slow start. It's very frustrating seeing them start the game so unprepared and looking lost for the first few drives on both sides of the ball. It's as if they only get the game plan after they're 14-0 down.

After that, they played well and the defence was very good. Great catch from McLaurin at the end for the TD. And Haskins is getting better week by week. I just hope Guice's injury isn't serious.

• Advertisement

Another very good performance for the 'skins after the usual slow start. It's very frustrating seeing them start the game so unprepared and looking lost for the first few drives on both sides of the ball. It's as if they only get the game plan after they're 14-0 down.

After that, they played well and the defence was very good. Great catch from McLaurin at the end for the TD. And Haskins is getting better week by week. I just hope Guice's injury isn't serious.

Ruled out for next weekend's game. Hopefully just winding him down and it's nothing serious.

Not a bad performance. Haskins getting better (still a couple of bad throws) and the receivers let him down on a couple of occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

That was tough to take ....

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    That was tough to take ....

I don't know. The young players are playing well and it's the older ones (I'm looking at you Josh Norman) are the ones who seem to be letting the team down. So with a bit of culling and a change in coaching and a new GM, I'm not as despondent as I was about 4 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

I hear ya.

Really wanted to get one over the Eagles tho. Feels like an age since we beat them and that humiliation at the end of last season. Another reason to cheer for a win is the fact that Chase young might be in the draft next year..

Anyway, encouraging enough performance. I just really hate the Eagles 😂

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    I hear ya.

Really wanted to get one over the Eagles tho. Feels like an age since we beat them and that humiliation at the end of last season. Another reason to cheer for a win is the fact that Chase young might be in the draft next year..

Anyway, encouraging enough performance. I just really hate the Eagles 😂

The lesser of two evils of the teams in the running for the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

After tonight’s game I think redskins fans should be confident about your young QB as bar the last play of the game which in all honestly made the score line better than it should have been he played well and bar receivers running the wrong way and not getting a first down and the couple of times the receiver just dropped the ball. My point is there is something to build on.

Tress Way and Brandon Scherff made it to the pro-bowl. While Tress Way is deserved (and it shows the state of the team that he's punting so much) I can't see how Scherff made it. He's been average at best this season I thought.

Giants go the length of the field and score a TD in 5 plays. Defence not showing up early AGAIN.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1208869338809274369

Callahan obviously watched a different game to the one I was watching as the defence couldn't stop the Giants all day.

Another shambles performance from the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1208869338809274369

Callahan obviously watched a different game to the one I was watching as the defence couldn't stop the Giants all day.

Another shambles performance from the defence.

Shambles performance from the defence at times alright.

Thought we played well overall, all be it against a very poor team.

But as bad as the season has been there is some light at the end of the tunnel with the young Wr's and Qb showing that there is definite potential!

...and some comedic reading

https://www.redskins.com/team/front-office-roster/dan-snyder

"He has consistently led the franchise to new prominence in the community, the business world and the National Football League." Hilarious stuff.

Reports that Bruce Allen will be out of football operations on Monday. Some good news anyway.

I have never heard of some playing today. This guy being one of them.

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/1211440057036550144

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Jaysus, that is depressing reading!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1211615738345209856?s=21

Riverboat being announced today. Great signing! Would of loved to seen him at my Browns.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1211619236105375749?s=21

Bruce Allen gone is big news for Redskins fans

• Advertisement
Advertisement