Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crisp Sandwiches

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Toamato and sugar.

I'll say no more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd do one on masterchef. You get an hour, I'd sit there reading the paper for 55 minutes while the other idiots are fucking up their pan fried scallops with pea puree then stand up and put the kettle on and butter the bread. :cool:
    Tea and crisp sandwich would blow the judges away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

white bread ,king crisps ,butter and a slice of ham feckin lovley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

steve9859 wrote: »
    One of the biggest disappointments of my youth was when, instead of ham or cheese, she put in that awful paste stuff out of those little jars (anyone remember what I mean?)....cause then I couldn't take it out and replace it with crisps

Was it chicken and ham spread or something like that? I remember the jars, was like baby food :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Three different sammich's for me.

1. Fresh bread, nice ham, some Walkers BBQ crisps (also, the new deep ridged ones go well)

2. Fresh bread, Banana and Tayto cheese and onion sandwich

3. Fresh bread, Strong mature, cheddar cheese and Tayto cheese and onion

All the above with butter also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Its a TAYTO sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    The missus is from the States and this traditional concoction is something she can't quite get her head around. Is it a uniqely irish thing? If so, should we not spread it to the masses - i'm eating one right now and i can think of no better snack on this earth!

I hope you are using TAYTO - they don't work otherwise - no such word as "crisps" in ireland either, just Tayto. So I can understand why she doesn't get it.

now if you were to say a TAYTO sanger she would probably understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Bufallo flavour Hunky Dorys on a roll is the business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I found the americans could not get over:

crisp sambos
    banana sambos

I love tayo, but DH has to have king and he has to go and ruin it by using Kilmeaden too!

Another thing we used to have - (look away now :eek:)

Dripping sambos on a monday night!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try granby burgers on toast. you'd be amazed at how nice it is and i love sausage, black pudding and hash browns sammiches on batch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Nothing beats a Meanie blaa. Food of the gods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

try granby burgers on toast. you'd be amazed at how nice it is and i love sausage, black pudding and hash browns sammiches on batch

How on earth can you say granby and BURGERS in the same sentence! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Anyone ever try McCoys in a sandwitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Anyone ever try McCoys in a sandwitch?

The steak flavour one in a sammich can be the business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Salted peanuts, mayo, grated cheese in a baguette. Nomtastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Eating one right now.

Bread, butter and King Crisps - perfection.

From time to time I'll throw some Kilmeaden Cheddar in there to rattle some cages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

The missus is from the States and this traditional concoction is something she can't quite get her head around. Is it a uniqely irish thing? If so, should we not spread it to the masses - i'm eating one right now and i can think of no better snack on this earth!

My husband's from England, and he'd have them, too.
    Me, I can't get my head around them. I've tried them, but I don't see the appeal.

Btw, himself also does chip sandwiches. Is that particular to the UK, or do Irish mouths water at the sound of that, too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

smurfy89 wrote: »
    Was it chicken and ham spread or something like that? I remember the jars, was like baby food :(

That's the stuff. I remember beef spread....and crab spread which was absolutely awful. And you couldnt take it out and replace it with crisps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

A blaa with a packet of tayto cheese and onion in between the halves is the best thing ever, anyone not from the Waterford area is missing out big time on the deliciousness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Chipsticks and easy singles in white bread & butter with a glass of milk.
    It's like an Angel cumming in your mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The starch on starch combo tends to throw people all right. Lasagne and chips often gets the same reaction from the uninitiated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sometimes, when I order a toasted cheese sandwich at O'Briens, I dip my crisps into the cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ham, cheese and King Crisps sandwiches are great. Had two of them at the weekend.

Also roast beef and Waffles sandwiches are boss too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Sometimes, when I order a toasted cheese sandwich at O'Briens, I dip my crisps into the cheese.

Ya Dirty B*tch

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

alie wrote: »
    Cheese and onion crisps and peanut butter, yum

And I thought I stood alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Brennans bread and king crisps :D

Im really weird with sandwiches, I always have soup with them and dip my sandwich in my soup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Shenshen wrote: »
    Btw, himself also does chip sandwiches. Is that particular to the UK, or do Irish mouths water at the sound of that, too?

Many Irish people like a 'chip butty' too.

I personally don't eat the humble chip butty because I ate too many when I was about 4 years old which resulted in a giant pancake of vomited up chip butty on the floor.

Funny how vivid that memory is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmi10

White batch bread

King salt and vinegar chips

butter

brown sauce

That's all you need!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

2 slices of bread
    Smokey bacon crisps
    Colmans Mustard

Bliss.

Fry 2 rashers and add to above for extra addictive bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I ended up doing a bit of work on an archaeological dig a few years ago where there were at least 13 Americans working also. I didn't have an insulated lunchbox ,so figured my best bet for a lunch that wouldn't turn to mush in my backpack (because, heaven forbid, it was actually hot that summer!) was a half pan of wholegrain bread and a few bags of Taytos. Crunch-tastic.

The American folks were initially aghast at my eating habits. Two weeks later they were all having crisp sammiches for lunch too! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Hula-Hoop sandwiches are certainly the noisiest and most entertaining to eat.

Wont beat a Tayto one though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

GastroBoy wrote: »

:eek:

They're not just noisy - they're dangerous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

GastroBoy wrote: »

Wont beat a Tayto one though! ;)

KP Mini-chips sangwidges are bloody nice if you want a change from Taytos as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Local_Chap wrote: »
    I used to have apple sandwiches with sugar when i was younger,wouldn't eat them now tho!
    Toasted cheese and apple is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

A friend of mine thinks people who put butter on crisp sandwiches are disgusting. I have tried to make him see the folly of his ways but he wont listen. I feel sorry for him as he has not lived.

Another nice sambo is the microwaved rasher on fresh bread with red sauce where you mop up all the salty goodness off the plate with the bread. Bloody delicious but more heart attack food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

A friend of mine puts crisps on top of cooked pizza - intruiging

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

if TAYTO sambos are so good, how come you can't get them in TAYTO PARK???

i rest my case..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Crip sambo's are awesome!

use salad cream instead of butter tho

prefarebly salt and vinegar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

fresh white bread with real butter,brown sauce and monster munch..cant beat it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Where I worked one guy was offered an egg sandwich by one of the girls. As he was eating it he thought it was a bit gritty. He was sure it was a bit of eggshell. Best not to offend so he struggled to finish it. When he was finished she asked him did he like the crisps in it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭bluesea

Tayto and half a sliced granny smith enveloped in two slices of premier bread along with kerrygold butter taste out of this world, I also love home made chips and tomato sauce sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭marble

2 slices of fresh white bread,loadsa butter,loadsa mayo and a nice hot pizza slice in between

I used to eat mashed potato sandwiches....I feel ill when I think back on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

mauzo wrote: »

Me too......and I'm not even sorry!

• Advertisement

benwavner wrote: »
    Me too......and I'm not even sorry!

Me neither, I just wanted to sound a bit normal :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mauzo wrote: »

one of my regular customers a couple of years ago used to corned beef, cabbage and parsley sauce sandwiches
    i love corned beef and hot stuffing sandwiches myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

MidlandsM wrote: »
    if TAYTO sambos are so good, how come you can't get them in TAYTO PARK???

i rest my case..........

Because all the amusements and facilities of the park would be made redundant as the patrons would be too busy whoofing into the Tayto sammiches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Try crisps, peanutbutter sandwiches. Mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I adore potatoes and cabbage fried together in butter, in a sandwich :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement