Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contruction jobs in OZ, without papers

Options
  • 08-10-2012 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi all..

Ive being working as a painter over here for the last ten years, I did a apprenticeship with a employer but stupidly I never went to FAS and got any papers and tbf I didn't ever think I'd ever need them as nobody asks for them over here as it more about experience.

I'm planning on heading out there on a WHV in Jan, I won't be able get a second WHV as I turn 31 in FEB so my plan was to hopefully get sponsored and stay on for another couple of years.

Obviously things would be easier if I had papers but I'm just wondering if any of you guys know more about this than me or know people in the same situation and could let me know how they got on.

Does experience stand for anything for a skilled visa or would you have to have your papers?

Will employers sponsor somebody without papers?

If worse comes to worst I'll come home again after a year but I'd like to stay on for a bit if I could as there isn't much happening here at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Also I was on the Vic Uni website and can't see any painting courses in the Skill Assessment Program section, does this mean it's not on there and they don't do it or can I still get assessed somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

The skilled visas are usually based on qualifications OR plenty of experience. You have to be able to prove you have one or the other.

Advertisement