Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R132/Old Swords Rd Closed - Buses Diverted

Options
  • 08-10-2012 9:42am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The road is closed between Airside and the roundabout at the Coachman's Inn.

AA Roadwatch:

The R132/Old Swords Rd will remain closed for most of the day between Nevinstown Lane (Airside) and Cloghran R/A following a fire overnight. Dublin Bus Routes 41, 41c and 33 will divert via Boroimhe, Forest Rd & Naul Rd.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

where was the fire and what was the cause :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    where was the fire and what was the cause :eek:

It was in the scrapyard, I don't know what the cause was. Interestingly, in the article I linked it said that Dublin fire Brigade don't have a foam tender so they had to borrow one from the Airport Fire Service. Lucky the fire was near the airport then.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Still closed 10 min's ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Apparently still closed until further notice as dangerous chemicals have now leaked into drains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Road Closed until at least midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

I'd say the petrol station near the top of that road will be down serious money.

No passing traffic for over 24 hours.

Hope the Scrap dealer has insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

There was a huge bang last night about 1:30am. Definitely sounded like something exploded. We heard it from Applewood and a co-worker heard the same in Rivervalley.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

Just passed it at half ten and it was still closed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Road is now fully open again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

It was in the scrapyard, I don't know what the cause was. Interestingly, in the article I linked it said that Dublin fire Brigade don't have a foam tender so they had to borrow one from the Airport Fire Service. Lucky the fire was near the airport then.

They do have one in the East Wall fire station for use in the Port Tunnel but that one probably has to stay in the area.

Advertisement