Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heated Swiming Pools

Options
  • 08-10-2012 9:44am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We took out little lad to the Swan Leisure Center yesterday. Pool was advertised as being heated but didn't feel like it to me.

Does any one have any recommendations for a heated toddler swimming pool on the South side of Dublin that can be used pay as you swim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Heated swimming pools tend to be about 26-28 degrees, which I imagine the Swan is.

Unheated pools in this country would be about 16 degrees.

I think the Markievicz pool tends to be a bit warmer. http://www.dublincity.ie/RECREATIONANDCULTURE/SPORTSFACILITIES/LEISURECENTRES/LOCATIONS/MARKIEVICZ/Pages/MarkieviczLeisureCentre.aspx

Phone the various pools and ask them what temperature the water is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My wife has been looking for pools of 30 degrees

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

godtabh wrote: »
    My wife has been looking for pools of 30 degrees

If you check out Waterbabies they offer classes in pools of 30degrees - then you can ring the venues listed and see if they keep the temp the same outside of the classes?

I got a little neoprene wetsuit from amazon for my 5month old, and in a pool yesterday that was cooler than normal he stayed nice and warm in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Cheeverstown around by the Spawell have a heated therapy pool that is open to the public at set times. They let in a small number of parents and babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

St John of Goods ins Islandbridge have a parent/child swim on saturdays and its 31 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Marian College pool in Ballsbridge has parent and baby swimming sessions on Thursday and Saturday. According to their website the pool is heated to 30 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

+1 on Cheeverstown. It's only open to the public on the weekends. They let in max 25 people, and for 2 adults and a baby it it €11, I think €7 for 1 adult and a baby. Always lovely and warm. They have medical type trolleys as well, which are great for changing baby on.

Advertisement