Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New City Centre Street Signs

Options
  • 08-10-2012 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

These look rubbish. Would you even be bother reading them in fairness?
    A nice simple clean cut design would have worked. Lots of tiny indistinct writing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I haven't noticed them. Must take a look later. What I can't get over are the new(ish) street signs, Rose Inn Street is one place where they have them. They look temporary and tacky.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Anyone got any pictures of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

I haven't noticed them. Must take a look later. What I can't get over are the new(ish) street signs, Rose Inn Street is one place where they have them. They look temporary and tacky.

Agreed. They're horrible. Weird maroon and white colour as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Rega wrote: »

Agreed. They're horrible. Weird maroon and white colour as well.

Nothing wrong with Maroon and white, up da boro!!!!

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They're really not obvious. Most people have not even noticed them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

For a medieval town the signs are very modern

It's not that they look too modern. It's that they do not look very appealing or are all that clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Yea basically they look like sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Yeah, they're sh!te.

My first thought was, 'Why are they in the Galway colours?'.

Then I thought it must be the 'Boro colours (where I live) and maybe they were green and white in O'Loughlins etc, but no, they're just sh!te. Bizarre colour choice. They do look temporary, no class about them at all.

Was a golden oppurtunity to get it right and properly sign the city centre and the main attractions in consistent manner. Instead they went off the wall and did something they thought would be different or unique but it's backfired big time.
    They are just ineffective. What we all want a sign to do is be clear and point us in the right direction. Those slab things don't do this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement