Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Payment Protection Insurance Customers

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Important Notice for Bank of Ireland Payment Protection Insurance Customers

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt][FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]At the request of the Central Bank of Ireland (the Central Bank), Bank of Ireland, as part of an industry wide review, has commenced a review of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policies sold from 1st August 2007 to date. The review will be overseen by an independent third party acceptable to the Central Bank. [/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]We will be writing to all customers who were sold PPI policies directly by Bank of Ireland during this period, by 30th November 2012. The letter will provide more details on the review. [/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]In the meantime, you do not need to do anything. As agreed with the Central Bank, any complaints or concerns expressed by either you or by a third party acting on your behalf will be considered as part of the review. [/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]Thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt]Billy[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Thanks billy

Q who do i make the complaint to if i have not done so already? Oh and what about polices sold prior to the 1 August 2007?

Was sold a policy prior to this date that i didn't really want but was told on application that selecting it would make the approval guaranteed as without it it the approval would be harder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi goldenhoarde.

Thanks for your query.

If you wish to make a complaint about your PPI policy, please send the details in writing to Group Customer Complaints, PPI Complaints, Ground Floor, New Century House, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1. Please ensure to include your name, address and account holding branch.

The review affects all PPI products sold from the 1st August 2007, however if you purchased prior to this date, please send details in writing to Customer Care Unit, Bank of Ireland, New Century House, Mayor Street Lower, Dublin 1. Your complaint will then be handled in line with our normal complaint handling procedures.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kjoyce

Hi, not sure if this is the place to ask this and the question itself might seem stupid but I'm not sure what I have signed up for. We have mortgage and something called LIFE CARE PLAN INSURRANCE since march 2007 (both with Bank of Ireland). Are mortgage protection and this Life Care Plan Insurrance the same thing?
    Many thanks.

Hi kjoyce.

Thanks for your query.

Mortgage Protection and a Life Care Plan are two different types of policies that you may take out when you apply for a mortgage.

To find out exactly what you have signed up for, please contact the Mortgage Advisor in your account holding branch who will be happy to help you.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

So if I havent got a letter by 30th Nov write to the above address to make a complaint? What if I dont have the account number etc, only branch name?

• Advertisement

Hi tracey1098.
    If you wish to make a complaint about your PPI policy, please send the details in writing to Group Customer Complaints, PPI Complaints, Ground Floor, New Century House, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1. Please ensure to include your name, address and account holding branch.

If you no longer have your account number, please send as much detail as possible. Please include your name, address, account holding branch and contact number and a representative will be happy to look into the matter for you.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

Hi we want to cancel our payment protection, how do we go about this please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi kazper,

Thanks for posting.

To cancel PPI on a credit card, please call Credit Card Services on 1890 251 254/ 00 353 56 7757747.

To cancel PPI on a loan, please call Genworth on 01 6113087

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement