Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shore Fishing Dun Laoighre

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,

New to the Dublin fishing scene and was looking for a good spot around Dublin south to do a bit of shore fishing? Looking for Codling this time of year really as the mackerel are probably gone. I have only fished for mackerel but was wondering on what kind of tackle would secure a few codling? Can i use the feathers for them too?

Cheers,
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

pyke96 wrote: »
    Hi All,

New to the Dublin fishing scene and was looking for a good spot around Dublin south to do a bit of shore fishing? Looking for Codling this time of year really as the mackerel are probably gone. I have only fished for mackerel but was wondering on what kind of tackle would secure a few codling? Can i use the feathers for them too?

Cheers,
    Stephen

Crab would be the bait for the codling I doubt the feathers would work from the shore
    Don't really know if there are cod marks around your area as I often see dubs fishing for the cod in monkstown , cork

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pyke96

Cheers Realrebel. I would take anything really doesnt have to be codling. Just wondering what would be best for shore fishing this time of year. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

about 20 years ago i used to get plenty of codling and small whiting of the west pier in dunlaoghaire, using
    mackerel strips.
    don't know what its like there now, but they were in it one time.

dvae wrote: »
    about 20 years ago i used to get plenty of codling and small whiting of the west pier in dunlaoghaire, using
    mackerel strips.
    don't know what its like there now, but they were in it one time.

Cheers Dvae i am going to try out both of them anyway and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Try Killiney Beach, always a few fish knocking about there, and give the lads in the tackle shop in Shankill a shout and they'll fill you in on baits and species etc..

21/25

• Advertisement

uch wrote: »
    Try Killiney Beach, always a few fish knocking about there, and give the lads in the tackle shop in Shankill a shout and they'll fill you in on baits and species etc..

I will try both locations on Saturday morning bright and early and i will report back on hopefully my oustanding catch...
    Cheers for all the advice/information!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

killiney is better in the evening time coming into darkness

Advertisement