Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social: Nothin' lasts forever, even cold November Beers (cancelled)

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:47am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, the Octo-Beers have been and gone so it's time to start planning our November outing. As usual, a poll is attached - the fist of modly powah! is feeling distinctly lazy and leaning heavily towards a North or Northwest Beers (either Kilburn or Camden). As usual, vote for what dates you can make, and suggestions for venues are welcome.

FYI - If we do go for Camden, I am mandating a non-optional visit to the Brewdog Bar.

What day should we have the November Beers? 25 votes

Friday 2nd
    0%
    Saturday 3rd
    4%
    AnnaVanilla 1 vote
    Friday 9th
    8%
    Jack B. BaddAnnaVanilla 2 votes
    Saturday 10th
    8%
    AwayindahilsAnnaVanilla 2 votes
    Friday 16th
    24%
    AwayindahilsphilologosJack B. BaddballsymchughReekwindAnnaVanilla 6 votes
    Saturday 17th
    12%
    Awayindahils83steexiledelbows 3 votes
    Friday 23rd
    12%
    Awayindahils83steexiledelbows 3 votes
    Saturday 24th
    16%
    Awayindahilsshoutman83steexiledelbows 4 votes
    Other (post in thread)
    16%
    ScarinaeJack B. Badd83steexiledelbows 4 votes

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Other (post in thread)
    I have voted for the 24th as I am away the rest of the month, although that brings it very close to the possible Christmas beers!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm, there's been very little discussion of this but the poll says Saturday 9th of November is the most popular date.

However, the whole Northern Beers thing is being postponed to the Christmas Beers. By default I guess that means we go back towards a central beers. We've got a choice of several decent pubs around the Charing Cross area - the Wheatsheaf on Rathbone Place, the Royal George just off Charing Cross Road and the Ship & Shovell in Craven Passage.

So, two questions:
    1) Are folks still game for a November Beers? and
    2) If so, who's in for food beforehand?

As ever, I'm open to suggestions re: venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Friday 16th
    I'd be up for a few beers and some food on the 10th :)
    I don't really know any pubs in the area so I'm happy to go with whatever is decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Other (post in thread)
    I'm busy on the evening of the 10th, although November beers in general weren't really on my radar - only a few weeks until the 1st December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Going to do my best to make this one! That thread re what we miss from home has encouraged me to seek out fellow country men!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Yip, I'm game for this one if it's still going ahead :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm, turns out a number of our regular crowd are out of the country for the 10th :|

Given that we've got Rockaoke and the Christmas beers coming up within the next few weeks, I'm reluctantly calling this one a washout - that'll teach me for trying to plan two outings concurrently :(

Fysh wrote: »
    Hmm, turns out a number of our regular crowd are out of the country for the 10th :|

Given that we've got Rockaoke and the Christmas beers coming up within the next few weeks, I'm reluctantly calling this one a washout - that'll teach me for trying to plan two outings concurrently :(

So its not going ahead then?

Playboy wrote: »
    So its not going ahead then?

'Fraid not :(

You can join us for Rockaoke or the Christmas Beers though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Friday 16th
    'Fraid not :(

You can join us for Rockaoke or the Christmas Beers though :)

ah tits. not around for the rockaoke or the Christmas meetup.

• Advertisement

Friday 16th
    If anyone's still up for a few drinks, PM me and we can arrange to meet somewhere even if we'll only be a couple of people? :)

Friday 16th
    If anyone's still up for a few drinks, PM me and we can arrange to meet somewhere even if we'll only be a couple of people? :)

i'm in. lemme know.

Long time no see Missus! Yeah, I'm still up for a few drinkies. Lets arrange something later in the week. Are you thinking Sat? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Friday 16th
    Sounds seditious. If it's still the 9th then I should be in

Reekwind wrote: »
    Sounds seditious. If it's still the 9th then I should be in

I knew I should have locked this thread.

shakes Fist of Modly not-so-much-Powah

Friday 16th
    I knew I should have locked this thread.

shakes Fist of Modly not-so-much-Powah

we would've started another one anaways boss :pac:

Was a great but very late night! Was nice to meet everybody there. Thanks for the lift home Ballysmchugh... Was fantastic to not have to get a taxi for a change!

Glad to hear ye had a good night :)

Friday 16th
    Still recovering :D

Still recovering :D

Got in the door at 5am... thank god I dont have work tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Friday 16th
    i got in at 6. my head was fookin killing me this afternoon. i'm very confused, but still surprised after finding out that gary coleman is alive and well and living in south east asia!

Eurghhh........feeling rough....... Hope ye others are faring better now :)

Oh, and thanks again Ballsymchugh for providing everyone with the taxi service!

i got in at 6. my head was fookin killing me this afternoon. i'm very confused, but still surprised after finding out that gary coleman is alive and well and living in south east asia!

OK, that is a story you need to explain. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ah lads, gutted I missed this, didn't check in for a few days and missed out! Next one '

Too much sugar then!? Did we come across a Gary Coleman lookalike.. cant honestly remember
    Eurghhh........feeling rough....... Hope ye others are faring better now :)

Not quite back to fighting fitness yet... a 5am night can take a few days to get out of the system. Worst is the disruption to sleep! Was still awake at 5am this morning :/

Friday 16th
    Playboy wrote: »
    Too much sugar then!? Did we come across a Gary Coleman lookalike.. cant honestly remember

Not quite back to fighting fitness yet... a 5am night can take a few days to get out of the system. Worst is the disruption to sleep! Was still awake at 5am this morning :/

no, you were just very insistant that he was still alive and well. very, very insistant.

i thought i was pacing myself properly on the fizzy stuff. maybe those cupcakes i stole were laced with something. i'll ask over in conspiracy theories..

i got in and put on 5live to hear the news and fell asleep, only to be woken up by Big Ben and the accompanying volley of shots at 11am for remembrance day.

no, you were just very insistant that he was still alive and well. very, very insistant.

The pleasures of hanging out with drunkards lol! I can safely say that Gary Coleman and Gary Glitter became confused in my alcohol soaked brain (even though Glitter isn't living in South East Asia anymore)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sounds like ye had a blast! /jealous

I was rocking out to Russian karaoke in Berlin on Saturday night :pac:

Advertisement