Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SumUp Credit Card Processing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh absolutely it was one of the reasons I got the device.

Just had a customer ring up looking to pay over the phone had to put it through the website instead dammit was so much easier using SumUp!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What are you using on the website? Stripe? That's 2.95% instead of 1.95% too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jimmii wrote: »
    Just had a customer ring up looking to pay over the phone had to put it through the website instead dammit was so much easier using SumUp!

I'm confused here – what process did you use with SumUp before? What is 'customer not present' payment? As in, they call out their CC details and you enter them somewhere?

AFAIK SumUp have never offered that, so what has changed for you?

BTW looks like SumUp are releasing a mobile payment app – when you do a MP transaction, you get invited to leave your email address to try it out.

So I guess it will be removed from the main app.

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    I'm confused here – what process did you use with SumUp before? What is 'customer not present' payment? As in, they call out their CC details and you enter them somewhere?

AFAIK SumUp have never offered that, so what has changed for you?

When processing the payment there was the pin+ option and mobile payment option where you could enter the customers phone number and it sent then a text with a link where they could enter their credit card details now it only has the pin+ option.

cormie wrote: »

Yeh works out a good bit more better than no sale though!

When processing the payment there was the pin+ option and mobile payment option where you could enter the customers phone number and it sent then a text with a link where they could enter their credit card details now it only has the pin+ option.

hmmm, what version of the app are you using? iOS or Android?

I've got iOS 1.50.1 and I still have the mobile payment option. You went to Account>Payment Methods ?

330386.jpg

It's not the app version, it's based on your merchant account. Anyone who just signed up for the Pin+ won't have the MP option, anyone who has been with SumUp since before Pin+ will, from what I understand.

hmmm, what version of the app are you using? iOS or Android?

I've got iOS 1.50.1 and I still have the mobile payment option. You went to Account>Payment Methods ?

Had the MP option before alright this morning was the first time I have tried to use it and it not been there.

• Advertisement

Ah right... I signed up as a sole trader with my current account on Oct 22.

Ah right... I signed up as a sole trader with my current account on Oct 22.

I signed up one week later!

Me too, the 28th, unless it's something to do with Dave being on ios?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Sumup are changing there services from 31/12/14, the MP option will go, I found out about it a few weeks back through a customer I referred on to them.

What a shame it was a fantastic service, 1.9% for a Cardholder Not Present Service... (to cheap to be sustained)

I don't believe they sent a formal change of service email, their support have said they did " a few weeks back" so I have asked for an exact date so I can check spam etc... did anyone else get this change of service email? If not they are in breech of their own T&C and probably in breech of FSA regulations.

Not that it matters they will discontinue in any case.

What's the alternatives?

I didn't get anything from them about it. The previous company I was using have a CNP option but the I didn't have all the documentation they wanted guess I will have to go do that again now.

I didn't get anything from them about it. The previous company I was using have a CNP option but the I didn't have all the documentation they wanted guess I will have to go do that again now.

I was using Worldpay MOTO, cancelled it in August because Sumup was going so well. Worldpay are robbing Bxxxxards 4% for transactions and 1 month wait for your money.... Ahhh the thoughts of having to go back.

If enough of us can get together maybe we can hold of Sumup making their change but in reality it will happen, the fraud level must have got beyond an acceptable level for them.

I had a single charge back in 6 years of trading using CNP almost exclusively.

Blankety wrote: »
    I was using Worldpay MOTO, cancelled it in August because Sumup was going so well. Worldpay are robbing Bxxxxards 4% for transactions and 1 month wait for your money.... Ahhh the thoughts of having to go back.

If enough of us can get together maybe we can hold of Sumup making their change but in reality it will happen, the fraud level must have got beyond an acceptable level for them.

I had a single charge back in 6 years of trading using CNP almost exclusively.

4% and 1 month wtf!! Have a look at Syspay more expensive than SumUp but the service is really good.

Might be worth asking about this next time you're speaking to someone from SumUp

330414.jpg

By Mobile Payment App, do they mean CNP payment method I wonder? Great to know if so, but maybe they mean something else...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sumup scam

Just wanted to advise all and get feed back from others.
    We have been trying to get verified to access the £500 they allowed us to take before they put a stop on our account for verification.
    They are based in Germany and have no knowledge of UK business law and ask for documents that do not exist here e.g. We need your foundation document!!!
    It seems that they really are clueless and I would welcome feed back from any one else who has had dealings with them.

• Advertisement

sumup scam wrote: »
    We have been trying to get verified to access the £500 they allowed us to take before they put a stop on our account for verification.
    They are based in Germany and have no knowledge of UK business law and ask for documents that do not exist here e.g. We need your foundation document!!!
    It seems that they really are clueless and I would welcome feed back from any one else who has had dealings with them.

Maybe try a UK forum see if its a problem people have encountered before.

sumup scam wrote: »

I had no hassle whatsoever setting up the account and transfers were a breeze, had to send photo id, proof of address etc... but all done inside 3 days, all from the UK support.

As I said before sumup are a fantastic service, cost effective and easy, if they were useless I wouldn't mind the change of circumstances....

Worldpay - 4% and 1 month wtf!! Have a look at Syspay more expensive than SumUp but the service is really good.

When I signed up with Worldpay in 2008 there were no alternatives and being a typical small business I focused on getting more business not looking at costs or alternative solutions.

Live and learn.

Blankety wrote: »
    When I signed up with Worldpay in 2008 there were no alternatives and being a typical small business I focused on getting more business not looking at costs or alternative solutions.

Live and learn.

I remember a lot of places using worldpay back in the day I guess they were the go to guys for a while but look to have dropped the ball as it got more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

cormie wrote: »

Stripe are 2.4% +24c + VAT

24 cent too? That doesn't really change the % with high transactions I guess but would on lower ones. Is the % definitely 23%? I thought it should be 13.5% on services?

How long are you finding the batteries are lasting? Haven't used it much we've done <30 transactions and the batteries are dead already is that the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

How long are you finding the batteries are lasting? Haven't used it much we've done <30 transactions and the batteries are dead already is that the norm?

I presume you're only powering it on when you're charging a card? 30 transactions seems really low. Hopefully the batteries were duds.

Cianos wrote: »
    I presume you're only powering it on when you're charging a card? 30 transactions seems really low. Hopefully the batteries were duds.

Yep hopefully it was just a dud lot alright we'll see how the new batteries go they came with it too so they obviously know they don't last long. If it lasts until the weekend it was just something up with the first set of batteries will have to wait and see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

Hi,

does sumup allow you to take card details from a customer over the phone and process them on the terminal or on their site? I am looking for a cheaper alternative to AIB merchant services 2.75% plus monthly fee

Thanks

Advertisement