Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking cans at work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

I find it's the exhaustion after a serious night on the tear that's the killer... from getting up to getting through the day, I pray on being still a little bit drunk in work, otherwise it's agony!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

getting paid for drinking.great job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink.
    Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Of course, because nurses and firemen are well known for starting the working day by drinking a few cans.

You absolute cabbage.

Yeah the only ones that work, or rather are employed, in the the public sector are nurses, firemen and oh yeah the ones you forgot, the guards. :rolleyes:

This is not a fooking thread discussing the cushy unfirable many allowanced public sector workers so no need to drag out the usual sacred cows. :mad:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

If you have a job where you are not responsible for anothers life or are not doing work which could down the road hurt someone if done incorrectly then i dont give a crap if you have a few cans.

But you say you are an engineer. That could mean anything but in all likelihood you could hurt others then you are a tosser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭trodsky

kjl wrote: »
    This is what's wrong with Ireland, bloke gets so off his trolley all weekend that the only cure is to drink more.

You sir are a disgrace and I can tell you if you worked for me you would be fired.

No fear of that. I ll never work for the likes of you ;)

If you have a job where you are not responsible for anothers life or are not doing work which could down the road hurt someone if done incorrectly then i dont give a crap if you have a few cans.

But you say you are an engineer. That could mean anything but in all likelihood you could hurt others then you are a tosser.

Yes my work can have a serious effect on people's safety. This is why I would never do anything productive whilst consuming alcohol. I left at 2pm and will be back in tomorrow nice and fresh for some real work.

This has happened me about 5 times in the last 8 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

saiint wrote: »
    Thinly veiled this has been over done and im looking for thanks post?

Thinly veiled thinly veiled poll thread canvassing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If you ever find yourself saying "I'll just have a quick nip to get myself straight" at any point during a working day, then you should probably give up drinking.

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Dave0301

trodsky wrote: »
    Rather not say for obvious reasons. I'm an engineer

That's incredibly reckless of you, as an engineer you should never drink and derive.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Jesus wept.

No wonder he wept, his blood is wine, hungover and drunk all the time, poor fecker

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I used to drink a flagon, had it up on the desk as I put air purifiers together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Something not right about drinking in the morning, but remember OP, it's 5 o clock somewhere.

And someone is probably doing the same job as you wherever that is. And doing it well. Sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Really rough weekend on the beer. Friday sat and all day yesterday on a stag.

I'm tucking into cans of Heineken all morning just to keep the monkeys at bay.

Anyone else do this? Feel like a right dipso!

That is problem drinking, normal drinkers just don't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I never drink to cure a hangover, it doesn't cure it does it? Just like delaying the inevitable really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

danslevent wrote: »
    I never drink to cure a hangover, it doesn't cure it does it? Just like delaying the inevitable really.

Not really. A few cans settle the body so you body still is recovering but the few extra cans doesnt cause you further hangover.

Its a proven method.

The only issue is that generally the day after a heavy session people have stuff to do so you cant just have a few cans and get on with your day.

Ill do it if i dont intend on leaving the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

May try it some time so! But usually if I'm hungover the thoughts, smell and even mention of alcohol is pretty unwanted. I feel so dehydrated the thoughts of putting even more dehydrating liquid into me...sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Never believed in hair of the dog, until I was at an all night party. Woke up around 6am to go home, the worst thumping headache you could imagine. Was told to have a glass of beer, which I did and by jaysus did it work. Went straight to bed as my thumping headache went away after that glass of beer.

Thank you mammy!

If you ever find yourself saying "I'll just have a quick nip to get myself straight" at any point during a working day, then you should probably give up drinking.

Jesus wept.

I drink once maybe twice a month. Now I must quit.

Sweet Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Feck, arse, girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Theres no better cure than the cure itself, just go easy, only 1 or 2 cans or before you know it you'll be in some nightclub working the top shelf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I drink once maybe twice a month. Now I must quit.

Sweet Jesus

TBF, I have no idea what your drinking habits are. What I do know is that you came onto a forum to seek validation for the fact that you are having a couple of cans in work to settle yourself.

If you didn't think it was a bit off, you wouldn't have been compelled to start a thread. As far as I'm concerned, you're on dodgy ground when it gets to that stage.

Quit or keep drinking. As I said, I have no idea about the realities of your drinking habits. You're probably grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Two of my friends from Cork were living in Coatbridge Scotland a few years back and they had packaging jobs which required any early start..

So early one dark morning the boys were still drunk and needed a few cans before work so they walked off down and settled in by a ditch opposite the factory slugging the cans down and then the funniest of all was the sight of their Somalian workmates walking down the road all clean and fresh for work eating healthy fruit.

The Somalians couldn't believe what they were looking at, The boys were fair embarressed over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

charlemont wrote: »
    Two of my friends from Cork were living in Coatbridge Scotland a few years back and they had packaging jobs which required any early start..

So early one dark morning the boys were still drunk and needed a few cans before work so they walked off down and settled in by a ditch opposite the factory slugging the cans down and then the funniest of all was the sight of their Somalian workmates walking down the road all clean and fresh for work eating healthy fruit.

The Somalians couldn't believe what they were looking at, The boys were fair embarressed over it.

Fairly embarrassing alright getting there early for work. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

danslevent wrote: »

I don't know how people can face more alcohol when hungover, whether or not it cures anything. The few times I've gone out a couple of nights in a row, the second night, I'll be mean and grumpy. It's my body, specifically my liver, revolting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Not really. A few cans settle the body so you body still is recovering but the few extra cans doesnt cause you further hangover.

Its a proven method.

Doubt that.

I don't know how people can face more alcohol when hungover, whether or not it cures anything. The few times I've gone out a couple of nights in a row, the second night, I'll be mean and grumpy. It's my body, specifically my liver, revolting.

I'm always mad for a drink when I wake up after a big night out, you feel so much better after it especially if you have it before the hangover kicks in properly. Two or three nights in a row is regular occurrence for me though so I suppose you just get used to it. I wouldn't drink in the morning before work though, lunchtime cure I've done an odd time but not morning cure on a work day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Department of Finance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

Just saying..........

Advertisement