Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovating mid terrace house

Options
  • 08-10-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

Complete novice to this but looking for some advice about doing up a standard three bed mid terrace house with existing small kitchen extension:

Would need:
    Re wiring
    New internal doors and banisters for stairs.
    Fitting of new downstairs toilet understairs, none at present.
    New fireplace sitting room (gas) plus blocking up two other fireplaces upstairs ( no gas in theses 2)
    Wood floors throughout
    Replastering all walls and ceilings
    Gutters and fascia
    New front door

Then the existing galley kitchen extension (flat roof but no evidence of leaks) would need dry lining plus knock through of wall to create open plan kitchen / dining room.
    In the old dining room this would involve replacing a window with French patio doors to optimise light and moving a radiator to facilitate this.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with this - any idea what the cost of this would be?
    Would I be better to get a builder in to do the lot or hire individual contractors? Any recommendations for same?
    Would really appreciate any pearls of wisdom! :)

Renovation, rewire, plastering, extension, Build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

how much is the extension area? I am doing exactly similar job on my mid terrace house and can surely give you exact prices i am paying for each work.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Renov8r

Its roughly 8 ft x 21ft. That'd be great if u have a guide estimate

Advertisement