Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford gives a shirt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

The Waterford gives a shirt thing is great, i will be dropping in my shirt today. The campaign/text on web page i feel should concentrate on lack of govt action on unemployment in Waterford, lack of govt investment etc. The merger thing is a bit of a lame duck now that Galway going too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Max Powers wrote: »
    The Waterford gives a shirt thing is great, i will be dropping in my shirt today. The campaign/text on web page i feel should concentrate on lack of govt action on unemployment in Waterford, lack of govt investment etc. The merger thing is a bit of a lame duck now that Galway going too.

I'd have to agree that unemployment is a far bigger issue with Waterford then merging of city and county councils,

But then if people want to protect the separate councils and don't want a campaign about lack of jobs leave them to it....just seems a waste of a campaign. :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They are claiming victory. Apparently the sudden pressure over the last few days so Phil add Galway into the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Sully wrote: »
    They are claiming victory. Apparently the sudden pressure over the last few days so Phil add Galway into the equation.

Who is claiming victory? If all the city/county councils were merged, it would be a victory for the tax payer yes. I for one sent e-mails and letters saying, as it stands its ridiculous, however, i included if it was done across the board to other regional cities it would be acceptable.

Anyway, back to the shirt campaign, get rid of all the merger stuff on the web site i reckon, concentrate on jobs (lack of), investment (lack of) accompanied with new taxes (plenty of) for Waterford and south east.

Dropped in my shirt today. Not many there, get the finger out lads, stick the posters up in club-houses, home, canteens, work places etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

great idea!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So its expected Carlow and kilkenny county councils are going to be merged,

Can the paranoid crowd who think it's all just about stealing just Waterford city status by merging councils please take off their tinfoil hats now?

Instead of starting a campaign just about the city thing and putting so much time and support into it, perhaps it should be a campaign about having the highest unemployment in Ireland and what needs to be done about it. Its great that people are starting a campaign and all that and local companys are supporting it but it seems somewhat misdirected,

It was never just about Waterford, it was about merging councils and saving money...this nonsense about looking for waterford to no longer be a city and kilkenny to replace it in the south east is frankly nothing more then paranoid nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Who is claiming victory? If all the city/county councils were merged, it would be a victory for the tax payer yes. I for one sent e-mails and letters saying, as it stands its ridiculous, however, i included if it was done across the board to other regional cities it would be acceptable.

Anyway, back to the shirt campaign, get rid of all the merger stuff on the web site i reckon, concentrate on jobs (lack of), investment (lack of) accompanied with new taxes (plenty of) for Waterford and south east.

Dropped in my shirt today. Not many there, get the finger out lads, stick the posters up in club-houses, home, canteens, work places etc

There is a meeting on Monday night in the mansion about distributing the leaflets. Leaflets only printed on Friday (free of charge thanks to swift print).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Cabaal wrote: »
    So its expected Carlow and kilkenny county councils are going to be merged,

Can the paranoid crowd who think it's all just about stealing just Waterford city status by merging councils please take off their tinfoil hats now?

Instead of starting a campaign just about the city thing and putting so much time and support into it, perhaps it should be a campaign about having the highest unemployment in Ireland and what needs to be done about it. Its great that people are starting a campaign and all that and local companys are supporting it but it seems somewhat misdirected,

It was never just about Waterford, it was about merging councils and saving money...this nonsense about looking for waterford to no longer be a city and kilkenny to replace it in the south east is frankly nothing more then paranoid nonsense.

If you want to start saving money then merge ALL county and City Councils? Amazing the hostility towards the campaign by the FG hacks on here. And as for that "statement" from Coffey........:rolleyes:

Worth noting the amount of support that the campaign has too. We've been quiet for far too long. Getting nothing fro this Calamity Jane coalition and its defenders and supporters on this forum.

The real nonsense is where idiots put a political party before their city.

the corrupt and dubious planning practices of the county.

Nail. Head. Hit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Opposition: Refusing to accept other peoples opinions without calling them 'party hacks'!!!

• Advertisement

The Opposition: Refusing to accept other peoples opinions without calling them 'party hacks'!!!

Especially when other people's "opinions" are merely a blind regurgitation of the party line - regardless of the effect on our City. Keep digging.

7upfree wrote: »
    Especially when other people's "opinions" are merely a blind regurgitation of the party line - regardless of the effect on our City. Keep digging.

Its news to me that Cabaal is a FG supporter or campaigner. What you need to wake up to is that even Sinn Fein supporters might disagree with you and agree with a government stance. Effectively, non-FG TDs for Waterford are not in agreement with parts of the campaign which I and Cabaal (and others) have pointed out.

Unless these politicians are secretly FG tho. That would make for a lovely mind boggling post from you - so please, entertain me further and tell us all about the conspiracy. :pac:

A difference of opinion is a good thing but its a completely stupid thing to suggest if its not in agreement with you or any anti-government propaganda groups than it must be a party hack.

Its news to me that Cabaal is a FG supporter or campaigner. What you need to wake up to is that even Sinn Fein supporters might disagree with you and agree with a government stance. Effectively, non-FG TDs for Waterford are not in agreement with parts of the campaign which I and Cabaal (and others) have pointed out.

Unless these politicians are secretly FG tho. That would make for a lovely mind boggling post from you - so please, entertain me further and tell us all about the conspiracy. :pac:

A difference of opinion is a good thing but its a completely stupid thing to suggest if its not in agreement with you or any anti-government propaganda groups than it must be a party hack.

Sully, you have admitted that you support FG. On this forum. It is more that entertaining to see you twist and turn at every opportunity, whilst castigating others who actually care about the city - and not some gombeen political party. As I said.....keep digging!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Apparently, according to a post on the Kilkenny Boards, our friend Hogan wants to make Kilkenny the capital of the south east, his aim is to, so it say's is to downgrade Waterford.
    I am not in favour of Mr hogtan or his idea's and am of the opinion there should be a concerted effort to thwart any such move. I am sure the people of kilkenny do not support him, but as a word of caution do make sure you bring a passport when crossing into the new independent state.
    Good luck Waterford

Apparently, according to a post on the Kilkenny Boards, our friend Hogan wants to make Kilkenny the capital of the south east, his aim is to, so it say's is to downgrade Waterford.
    I am not in favour of Mr hogtan or his idea's and am of the opinion there should be a concerted effort to thwart any such move. I am sure the people of kilkenny do not support him, but as a word of caution do make sure you bring a passport when crossing into the new independent state.
    Good luck Waterford

Right, you expressed your POV in Kilkenny and now you want to push your agenda here. Can you link me to the post that stated that please?

Not true Sully, supporting the people of Waterford,t'is unfortunate we are involved, but it does not hurt to let the people of Waterford know they are supported, in this issue and to obtain more jobs for the county.
    For your info it does not involve me, it has no effect on me, just using the freedom of speech to support people who may appreciate help.
    Have a nice evening and good-night

Not true Sully, supporting the people of Waterford,t'is unfortunate we are involved, but it does not hurt to let the people of Waterford know they are supported, in this issue and to obtain more jobs for the county.
    For your info it does not involve me, it has no effect on me, just using the freedom of speech to support people who may appreciate help.
    Have a nice evening and good-night

Great stuff. So either you show me where that was said or your posts get removed because I think you are just trying to push an agenda and troll a bit because I cant recall seeing that post and its way of the mark.

Found the post. Its a theory by a new poster who just signed up today.

here

Lets keep the Kilkenny theory to the Kilkenny forum. The Waterford 'losing its city' is not based on fact, its a silly theory. We have already proven Minister Hogan doesn't have it in for Kilkenny so I suspect people will make up other nonsense.

thank you Sully, presume all is forgiven.
    However I am of the opinion that it might be an idea to call time, so I will say farewell my friend and thanks again

Its news to me that Cabaal is a FG supporter or campaigner. What you need to wake up to is that even Sinn Fein supporters might disagree with you and agree with a government stance. Effectively, non-FG TDs for Waterford are not in agreement with parts of the campaign which I and Cabaal (and others) have pointed out..

Bloody news to me as well!?! :eek:

I've never voted FG in my life, like any party however I can sometimes see the logic in some ideas they have and I might agree with them however I can also see the issues with other ideas and I'll disagree with them....always very openly.

I'm certainly not any sort of campaigner for FG or for any party for that matter, to be honest I think people that are set campaigners for any party can sometimes be very foolish as they will stay the party line and won't even speak out when the party do something really idiotic.

...I'm nothing just applying this to FG or FF I apply this to every party and even every supporter of even independents....look at the idiots that think Mick Wallce has done no wrong when clearly legally he has. In addition to the idiots that think some how SF will be the super party that would do no wrong if they got into government, oh how foolish these people are :(

• Advertisement

Gway out of it Cabaal, I hear you are a true Fine Gael anorak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Keep on topic please.

Last warning :D:D:D:D

A love-in if ever there was one. FG Hacks united.:D

7upfree wrote: »
    A love-in if ever there was one. FG Hacks united.:D

Your more than welcome to join. We know your just putting on this mask to hide away from reality ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Who moderates the moderators ?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Who moderates the moderators ?

The Category Moderators :)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Waterford gives a shirt got a naked pic sent onto them lol. Some nutters about lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Phil Hogan Is a tramp!!!!!!

jo06555 wrote: »
    Phil Hogan Is a tramp!!!!!!

insightful, how many draft versions of that post did you have before you finally decided on that version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Cabaal wrote: »

insightful, how many draft versions of that post did you have before you finally decided on that version?
    Sorry but he is! Iv never heard his name bein used in a positive way for anything, all I see and hear of him lately is of him upgrading Kilkenny while trying to downsize Waterford . Same old s##t from this government and our tds do nothing to stop it , the only time I hear of them on wlr is if they can catch hold of some good news story coming out in the city as usual and take credit . I'm lucky to have a job but I feel for all the unemployed in Waterford with a government like this .. it's going to be a long road getting Waterford back to the good old times :(

Advertisement