Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford gives a shirt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

7upfree wrote: »
    I can confirm that wellboytoo's name is not Cian, but it is surprising that a moderator - of all people - is using what HE thinks is someone's real name without their consent. Very disturbing.
    I wonder what data protection rules apply here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

People really do seem to think that moderators are important dont they?

To be honest, it's an easy mistake to make. Cian foley has gone by the name of well boy in the past, he set up the give a shirt campaign and be shares all the opinions of the "other" well boy.

I don't think Cian, or the other well boy would be too concerned. Less of the melodrama people.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jaysus all this fuss over nothing. I feel honoured with the attention, I really do. You guys always put a smile on my face :D

I was always sure that Cian, aka wellboy and the creator of the campaign, was the wellboy here on Boards. Everything pointed firmly in that direction. Cian has always associated his personal name with his nickname and all his campaigns, past and present, so it is no secret. If its not, than whoah, no love lost and his fan remains anonymous to me at least.

Back to my original point. Boards.ie is a discussion forum. You don't just post an article and not comment - in fact, under the Politics Forum Charter such topics will be locked. If the topic is all about Galway, bring it to the Galway forum. If its got a connection with Waterford, do enlighten us (even if its just me) who didn't make the link you were so able to make yourself. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I don't know whether to be pleased or pissed with all this attention?
    a description as Cians fan is insulting to both of us I suppose,but I'm married with adult children and well immune to that!
    As regards my identity a quick Google would answer that I'm sure.
    The Galway point I think is immensely germaine to this discussion in a comparative sense and a tad truculant to try and rule it offside .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wellboytoo wrote: »
    I don't know whether to be pleased or pissed with all this attention?
    a description as Cians fan is insulting to both of us I suppose,but I'm married with adult children and well immune to that!
    As regards my identity a quick Google would answer that I'm sure.
    The Galway point I think is immensely germaine to this discussion in a comparative sense and a tad truculant to try and rule it offside .

Was just something I was always sure. Funny that.

Not ruling it offside, if its relevant, then discuss it so. I'm not even moderating this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Sully wrote: »

I was always sure that Cian, aka wellboy and the creator of the campaign, was the wellboy here on Boards. Everything pointed firmly in that direction. Cian has always associated his personal name with his nickname and all his campaigns, past and present, so it is no secret. If its not, than whoah, no love lost and his fan remains anonymous to me

The fact of the matter is people have user names for a reason. Regardless of any connection you may think between the person in question and the username it does not give you the right to name someone on a public forum (regardless of whether you were right or not) I'm sure plenty of people on here know exactly who you are but if we were to start naming you on this forum you would be quick about pulling people up on it.

It would appear there's one rule for moderators and one rule for the rest of us.

The fact of the matter is people have user names for a reason. Regardless of any connection you may think between the person in question and the username it does not give you the right to name someone on a public forum (regardless of whether you were right or not) I'm sure plenty of people on here know exactly who you are but if we were to start naming you on this forum you would be quick about pulling people up on it.

It would appear there's one rule for moderators and one rule for the rest of us.

People often refer to me by my first name on here and I say nothing. I don't pretend that my very obvious nickname association with my full name means nobody can guess who I am. I have my businesses linked in my signature, people made reference to a radio interview in which my full name was given and so on. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant eh?

If you don't want people linking your name to a nickname than don't link the two yourself. wellboy has been associated with Cian for years. It turns out wellboytoo is different and a quick Google, as he pointed out himself, will show you his true identity. I was told I got it wrong. I made a mistake. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

I made a mistake. :)

The end of the world is near.......... Sully admitted to being wrong :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Please, stick to the topic. Stefan, temporary moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

People often refer to me by my first name on here and I say nothing. I don't pretend that my very obvious nickname association with my full name means nobody can guess who I am. I have my businesses linked in my signature, people made reference to a radio interview in which my full name was given and so on. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant eh?

If you don't want people linking your name to a nickname than don't link the two yourself. wellboy has been associated with Cian for years. It turns out wellboytoo is different and a quick Google, as he pointed out himself, will show you his true identity. I was told I got it wrong. I made a mistake. :)

so wellboy and wellboytoo have merged, is there no end to minister hogans madness :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

so wellboy and wellboytoo have merged, is there no end to minister hogans madness :)
    It only hurt the first time...

Your so waaaaayyyyyyy off the mark!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

He was also only joking.

He was also only joking.

Of course he was................................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Of course he was................................

how could someone not take that as sarcasm?

how could someone not take that as sarcasm?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

So any word after the meeting of City Council last night, I was speaking to one person at it who said that the anti- merger councillors put on a shocking performance and they were actually a great argument for the merger.

jad2007 wrote: »
    So any word after the meeting of City Council last night, I was speaking to one person at it who said that the anti- merger councillors put on a shocking performance and they were actually a great argument for the merger.

And the Government party sheep put on an even more deplorable performance it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Define Shocking performance!

shockingly poor, blatantly had not read report. Dermot Keyes tweeted that his article on Wednesday is going to be called "farce in city hall". One of the main people behind shirt campaign said after the meeting that based on the meeting that they had changed their view and were now in favour of the merger due to the terrible performance of the anti-merger grouping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

shockingly poor, blatantly had not read report. Dermot Keyes tweeted that his article on Wednesday is going to be called "farce in city hall". One of the main people behind shirt campaign said after the meeting that based on the meeting that they had changed their view and were now in favour of the merger due to the terrible performance of the anti-merger grouping.

So the way to deal with these people is to vote them out.Not throw the baby out with the bath water.

I'm very confused reading the latest posts. Was it those in favour of the merger or against the merger, or both, that put in a 'shocking performance'? :S

I do love the way those in agreement are immediately classed as government sheep though. :D

Sully the anti merger councillors were terrible, Hadnt read the report,hadnt done their homework. Pat Hayes spoke very well he basically said that the failures pointed in the report saddened him as they had happened on his watch. He said that he was backing the merger and that people chould get behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sully the anti merger councillors were terrible, Hadnt read the report,hadnt done their homework. Pat Hayes spoke very well he basically said that the failures pointed in the report saddened him as they had happened on his watch. He said that he was backing the merger and that people chould get behind it.

What reasons did he give for people to get behind it?

He basically said that there was some fairly stark failings outlined in the report and that the current model was not working. He said that he would normally be against the merger but he felt that people needed to accept the merger and row in behind it.

As i said Dermot Keyes is calling his article on Wednesday " High farce in City Hall" so will be interesting to get his take on it.

As i said Dermot Keyes is calling his article on Wednesday " High farce in City Hall" so will be interesting to get his take on it.

I suspect that Dermot wont be giving much credit to those in favour of the merger. He is against the merger, as it stands anyway, and it appears those in favour had a few choice words about the Munster Express & WLR at that meeting.

I suspect that Dermot wont be giving much credit to those in favour of the merger. He is against the merger, as it stands anyway,

An intelligent person then.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

He basically said that there was some fairly stark failings outlined in the report and that the current model was not working. He said that he would normally be against the merger but he felt that people needed to accept the merger and row in behind it.

Did he actually give reasons of the advantages with the merger though? Or just a case of its happening deal with it?
    Im not targeting you or anything. I was just in Dublin and couldnt attend so Im curious :o

Basically said that from the failures outlined in the report it was obvious that the system wasnt working. He was saddened by this on a personel level.

In relation to backing the merger he felt that it was it was a done deal and complaining about it would acheive nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

its an easy arguement to make even with obvious advantages to having less councillors, one manager etc.
    Merging = less money

Our councillors are so pathetically inept that they couldnt focus on what they should have been and probably started spouting on about 800 years council, representation blaa blaa and stuff no-one except themselves gives a sh1t about in general.

Advertisement