Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social: Rockaoke

Options
  • 08-10-2012 11:31am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been threatening to set up a Rockaoke meet-up for months so it's going to happen in November. This is separate to the official November beers.

http://www.rockaoke.co.uk/index.php

For those who don't know what it is, it's karaoke wtih a live band. You choose your song online in advance and hopefully on the night you'll get picked to sing! Even if you've no intention of singing, it's a great night out and some of the characters who go up to sing are very entertaining!

On what date should we go to Rockaoke? 3 votes

Fri 2 November - AAA Kensington
    0% 0 votes
    Fri 16 November - AAA Kensington
    0% 0 votes
    Fri 30 November - The Star of Kings, Kings Cross
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sounds like fun, I'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Voted 16th, but can also do 30th. I won't be singing, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Great! I'm in...... I'm voting the 16th too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Can I go without singing/dancing/making an arse of myself?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Of course you can!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

They do this first wed of every month in the Hootenanny for anyone in the Brixton area, it's very entertaining.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Right, the poll is split but some who voted for 16th can do the 30th too. Therefore I'm going with the 30th November!

It's taking place at The Star of Kings in Kings Cross - http://www.rockaokenights.com/rockaokenights_event.php?id=416

If you're feeling brave, you sign up to sing here (you can also sign up for the guest list by leaving song choice blank):

http://www.rockaokenights.com/event_sing.php?id=416

Mark it in your calendars as I've given loads of notice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I'm back in London and would love this :D

Misticles wrote: »
    I'm back in London and would love this :D

Yay, and welcome back!

Well I originally voted the 16th, but am heading to Dublin that weekend, so the 30th it is!

I signed up for a song just now. Gonna have to get some drinkies into me beforehand ....... or else slink down under my chair when my name is announced.....Aghh :)

• Advertisement

Well I originally voted the 16th, but am heading to Dublin that weekend, so the 30th it is!

I signed up for a song just now. Gonna have to get some drinkies into me beforehand ....... or else slink down under my chair when my name is announced.....Aghh :)

Great! I've picked my song too :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Looking forward to this :) I didn't see anything on the list that caught my eye, but I'll take another look and see what I can find...

I'm aiming to be at the Star of Kings for about 7 (going straight from work) and will probably get a bite to eat there so if anyone wants to join me at that stage let me know.

It's free to get in and the singing starts at 9. Hope to see many of you there!

http://www.rockaokenights.com/rockaokenights_event.php?id=416

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm wavering about whether I should sign up to sing something... I can see that you already have!

(There's already two people singing Smells Like Teen Spirit as well)

Oh yes, and are we booking a table?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

As I'm bringing some work people I'm going to ring them in the next day or two to book a table (or two).

Not sure I'll be able to make this after all....:( ....Sing your hearts out!

Not sure I'll be able to make this after all....:( ....Sing your hearts out!

Oh no, but you're signed up!! :(

Oh no, but you're signed up!! :(

I know! Maybe another boardsie can assume my identity :) .....

The e-mail they sent me said that you have to confirm your arrival on the night anyway, so don't think they'll be searching for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Looking forward to this! It's on at 9 but what time are people expecting to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I may not be there as planned: it turns out that the drinks I will (eventually) be attending beforehand have turned into a leaving do for a friend. So a heads up that I may not be able to escape easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I should be there within the next hour or so.

I'm here at the moment, waiting. Always waiting... :P

I won't be there for a while yet, the evening has turned out to be unexpectedly busy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Looks like I can't make it, feckin work and that lack of friday feeling with these people!

Advertisement