Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins

Options
  • 08-10-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

anyone know who is providing cheapest bin collection service in Navan area?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

cheapest tag a bin ....good value for money ie reliable and not excessive panda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

With Tag a bin this last year, hard to fault and good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

cheers for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Just rang Panda, and they said that they don't service the Johnstown area. The nearest area they do service is Kentstown.

Currently with Allied Recycling who are looking for €126 for 6 months. So I decided to do a little shopping around.

Looking at the AES website, they do a flat 6 month service charge of €72 plus €8.50 per lift. Let's say that I can manage putting out the waste bin once a month, this adds up to €8.50 x 6 = €51. Total for 6 months = €72 + €51 = €123.

This is a saving of €3, IF I can manage to squeeze 4 weeks worth of waste into a wheelie bin. Wouldn't even cover the cost of a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Just rang Panda, and they said that they don't service the Johnstown area. The nearest area they do service is Kentstown.

Currently with Allied Recycling who are looking for €126 for 6 months. So I decided to do a little shopping around.

Looking at the AES website, they do a flat 6 month service charge of €72 plus €8.50 per lift. Let's say that I can manage putting out the waste bin once a month, this adds up to €8.50 x 6 = €51. Total for 6 months = €72 + €51 = €123.

This is a saving of €3, IF I can manage to squeeze 4 weeks worth of waste into a wheelie bin. Wouldn't even cover the cost of a pint!

I'd stay with allied and not have to worry about the smell out of your bin after 4 weeks. You'd spend more than €3 buying cleaner and disinfectant over the 6 months ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Is there a bin bag collection in Navan? I use Thorntons bin bags in Ratoath and you basically pay as you use. € 16 for 5 bags. We put a bag out most weeks but not all. Sometimes a bag will do us two weeks because we may be away or simply not generate that much rubbish.

It works out alot cheaper on an annual basis than wheelie bins for us at the moment. Just watch out for those hooded crows with the bags :mad:

Advertisement