Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New connection question (broadband)

Options
  • 08-10-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I signed forms with agent about 10 days ago, line was connected on Thursday last. Just wondering when I receive modem and when broadband will be activated?

Thanks
    Sumo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

sumo12 wrote: »
    Hi
    I signed forms with agent about 10 days ago, line was connected on Thursday last. Just wondering when I receive modem and when broadband will be activated?

Thanks
    Sumo
    Hi Sumo

if you have your new account / tel number can you PM this to me and I will check for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Thanks Tony, pm sent

Sumo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Hi Tony,

I also signed up for broadband last week, it was a reconnection as i moved into an apartment, I signed up for the broadband, will the modem arrive in the post or do I have to purchase this? I think tomorrow is the forecast day that the line is also broadband activated if that makes any sense (line was activated late last week but the broadband takes an extra few days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

I also signed up for broadband last week, it was a reconnection as i moved into an apartment, I signed up for the broadband, will the modem arrive in the post or do I have to purchase this? I think tomorrow is the forecast day that the line is also broadband activated if that makes any sense (line was activated late last week but the broadband takes an extra few days)

Hi ghogie91

Can you Pm me your telephone/account number or address and I can check this out for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Oh and ghogie91... Get your own thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Oh and ghogie91... Get your own thread :D

Haha sumo,

This was a handmedown haha

Hi

Thanks
    Sumo

Hi sumo12

Thanks for sending your details, I can see your broadband order is pending since 08/10/12 which can take up to 5 working days to be activated. You will receive your modem later this week, let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda
    Thanks for coming back to me, I appreciate the quick response.

Hi sumo12

Thanks for sending your details, I can see your broadband order is pending since 08/10/12 which can take up to 5 working days to be activated. You will receive your modem later this week, let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda
    Does the modem come by courier or post? If it's post then I'm not getting it this week because delivery has been. Can you confirm it's been dispatched and is en route please?

Thanks
    Sumo

Hi Linda
    Does the modem come by courier or post? If it's post then I'm not getting it this week because delivery has been. Can you confirm it's been dispatched and is en route please?

Thanks
    Sumo

Hi Sumo12

Our modems are delivered by a courier, I have checked your order and I can confirm your modem was dispatched to a courier this morning so you should receive this later today or Monday.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

Thanks Linda, hopefully it'll be today as I won't be here Monday.

Thanks Linda, hopefully it'll be today as I won't be here Monday.

Hi Sumo12

No problem, If your not there when the courier arrives they will leave a note to notify you that they have called and it will also inform you to collect your parcel at the local sorting office.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi Linda
    Router received and line activated, speed good, I'm a happy customer so far and thank you for all your help :)

I have but one small request, my phone is not displaying phone number when dialling out - can this be turned on on our line please?

Thanks
    Sumo

Hi Linda
    Router received and line activated, speed good, I'm a happy customer so far and thank you for all your help :)

I have but one small request, my phone is not displaying phone number when dialling out - can this be turned on on our line please?

Thanks
    Sumo

Hi Sumo12

No worries, glad to hear everything's up and running.Your phone number was listed as private which prevents your number from been displayed while dialling out. I have now removed this services which will take 24 hours to complete so your number will then be displayed. If you need to show your number between now and then you can put 142 before each number you dial and it will show for that one call.

Regards
    Linda

Great stuff, thanks again Linda!

Advertisement