Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

luttrellstown community school

Options
  • 08-10-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am thinkink of enrolling my child in that school this year but have heard some very disturbing stories, mainly about the number of kids being expelled !
    My child has shared access to an sna for behavioural reasons but will not get that support in secondary cshool
    just wondering would it be the right school for her.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Havent heard bad things about it tbh. I'm sure there were threads here on this subject before and they were positive: maybe do a search of this forum and see what comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Don't know were you have heard that information from ? How many have you heard have been expelled?
    My advice is don't listen to rumours and go speak to the principal.
    IMO it's a great school.

Oops double post...sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3 busysally34

that is strange jutask because i believe one of the boys was a friend of your sons !

I never said kids were not expelled...your op gave the impression that it was loads of kids.
    Its very strange that you know who my son is...a bit unsettling !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dont be tempted to identify another poster please, it's considered bad manners! If you know them chat by pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Would be a good school, especially with work now underway on the new building.

The rumours of the number of kids being expelled are just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

This school is only open a few years. How many children could it have expelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I've never heard these rumours/stories :confused:

OP - if your child has behavioural issues, and you are already questioning the school on the basis of "stories" you've heard maybe this school is not for your child.

Considering no SNA support have you considered other options, like homeschooling maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 busysally34

Would have imagined most parents would question the suitability of a school for their child regardless of them having difficulities !
    I have not considered home schooling as i dont think it would be in the best interest of my child.
    I do intend speaking to principles of local schools.
    but sometimes word of mouth can speak volumes and i am certainly not naive enough to believe every story I hear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement