Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating Heating Survey of house of Claremorris

Options
  • 08-10-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

hi

looking to get someone to do survey on our house for heat retention before winter, we notice the house heats up well but is not great at retaining it. The attic seems well insulated to me so it probably the walls\windows that are the culprits.
    Anyone any good contacts around Claremorris for this? Is there a cost to this?

Also anyone have good guide to oil boilers to keep house warm i.e. is there a schedule you need to keep to keep house warm. I know it needs to be on for two hours to build up heat but how often\long after that to keep the heat level up in the house. Boiler was serviced during the summer.

Thanks,
    P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

pzer wrote: »
    hi

looking to get someone to do survey on our house for heat retention before winter, Anyone any good contacts around Claremorris for this? Is there a cost to this?

Thanks,
    P.

The problem you have is to find someone independent enough to do a survey for you who does not have an business interest in selling you external/internal insulation.

You might not go far wrong to get a BER assesor to do it. You will end up with a document that explains how your property performs now and what it will be capable of once remedial wort is done. there are plenty in the phone book or go via an Estate Agent. You will be charged a fee, a pretty standard one.

Know nothing about boilers - too expensive to operate for me!

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

TopTec wrote: »
    The problem you have is to find someone independent enough to do a survey for you who does not have an business interest in selling you external/internal insulation.

You might not go far wrong to get a BER assesor to do it. You will end up with a document that explains how your property performs now and what it will be capable of once remedial wort is done. there are plenty in the phone book or go via an Estate Agent. You will be charged a fee, a pretty standard one.

Know nothing about boilers - too expensive to operate for me!

TT
    I suspect the op might know more than he lets on.

I imagine a BER assessment or any visit from a semi-official would be the last thing on their wishlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Lissavane wrote: »

I imagine a BER assessment or any visit from a semi-official would be the last thing on their wishlist.

And you get that from his/her post? I must be missing something then. Enlighten me........ I am beginning to feel stupid...:(

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Might be on the wrong track here, but a thermal imagining camera to see where the heat is escaping.....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

TopTec wrote: »
    And you get that from his/her post? I must be missing something then. Enlighten me........ I am beginning to feel stupid...:(

TT

I need enlightening too and i am the OP :confused:
    We have a BER of B on the house which was done when we purchased the house in 2009.
    Lissavane wrote: »

Can you explain what you mean Lissavane?????

clogher71 wrote: »
    Might be on the wrong track here, but a thermal imagining camera to see where the heat is escaping.....

I'd try anything, where do you get one of these..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Advertisement