Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate loan

Options
  • 08-10-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

Is it possible that I can get a loan to do a Masters at DCU with my partner as a guarantor ? I have spoken to AIB and they only allow parents to provide this.

I am working part-time while doing the Masters

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi seborah,
    Thanks for getting in touch. As one of the requirements for the Postgraduate Finance Loan is that the applicant be a full-time postgraduate student, being employed is not a requirement. In some cases a guarantee may be required. You can find more information about the loan here. Or, alternatively, you can get in contact with the Loan Advisor in your local branch.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seborah

Hi Linda

My question was more about what kind of guarantor is allowed for the loan, is a partner accepted (AIB only accept parents)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi seborah.

Apologies if our previous reply didn't have the information you were looking for.

We will consider anyone over the age of 18 to act as a guarantor on the account for you, it does not necessarily have to be a parent. To discuss this further, please contact the Customer Advisor in your account holding branch.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seborah

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately this is not the answer I received from the BOI branch in Lucan today.

Is there some particular Branch or area I can make this enquiry with ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi seborah.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have investigated the information in my previous post further for you. Just to clarify, a guarantor must be a blood relative and the only circumstances we may consider exceptions are where the student has a legal guardian.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    Laura

• Advertisement
Advertisement