Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgradeing from s2 to s3 worth it?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Got a phonecall saying i can upgrade my phone but is the s3 worth changing from the s2? are the differance that great or are the differance the same as iphone 4 and iphone 5(just a bigger screen)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I moved over and would not go back. I could list a load of things I like better about the S3 but this vid on utube lists most of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,372 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Off topic but could anyone tell me if the s2 does TV out via the headphone jack to composite (red, white and yellow ) connection.
    I know the galaxy s and s plus do but I think the s2 and s3 have moved to newer tech

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

god's toy wrote: »
    I moved over and would not go back. I could list a load of things I like better about the S3 but this vid on utube lists most of the better ones.

I don't know...all that movie seemed to say was that it has a better camera and can support more memory. All the other bits seemed to be nothing special tbh.

I know it has a better processor, (more RAM), bigger screen. But the S2 was hardly a slouch when it came to processing power, and the screen is already pretty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Each to there own I suppose but I do agree with the vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

ok well there is a good differance between the two. now the most important question does the white stay white or does it easily stain?
    or will i have to go with the blue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I was in the same position as you OP and in the end decided to get a Galaxy Note (SGN) instead

Reasons:

- There was nothing the S2 couldn't handle as it was so I wasn't overly pushed on getting a "Quad Core" S3. IMO phones are rapidly approaching the point PCs did years ago, where hardware is updated incrementally but the software will run on almost everything anyway (that said I'm not a phone gamer - that's why I have a PC - so your experience may be different)

- I hardly use a camera on a phone, so camera MP is irrelevant

- All/most of the S3 apps can be gotten on other phones with custom ROMs anyway

- The SGN though is a different story. The far bigger screen means that web browsing on the phone is actually usable, I've rooted and ROM'd it so I have all the S3 apps (but never use them anyway) and there's nothing I've thrown at it that has caused it to struggle so far.

But that's me :)

Advertisement