Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maps app

• 08-10-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Iv currently got the iphone 4 model 4.3.3

i HAD the HTC sensation and i used google maps for directions ( i drive for a living) the htc died on my last night

im wondering what people in IRELAND use for there navigation with turn by turn voice direction

Is waze popular in ireland?.. what about navigon or Mapquest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭shanec1928

used the apple stock app at the weekend with turn by turn directions. gave me a few route options and was accurate to where i wanted to go. so id give that a try first before you go spending money on apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I use Waze and Navfree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

navigon is the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

shanec1928 wrote: »
    used the apple stock app at the weekend with turn by turn directions. gave me a few route options and was accurate to where i wanted to go. so id give that a try first before you go spending money on apps.

iv only heard bad things about apples maps at the moment and even apple itself said use 3rd party apps for your navigation

unless yours is a different stock app?

so waze actually works in ireland then?

Waze works fine, we're a bunch in Galway that uses it.
    It doesn't recognise all addresses etc but I have Navfree for "proper" navigation, also free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

I've had Navigon for a couple of years, and while there was a bit of delay in updating the maps, perhaps around the time they were taken over by Garmin was it? Anyhow all is good now and it has a nice feature that displays a Google street view pic of your final location which appears as you arrive at your destination.

Like this -
    223583.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shanec1928 wrote: »

iv only heard bad things about apples maps at the moment and even apple itself said use 3rd party apps for your navigation

unless yours is a different stock app?

so waze actually works in ireland then?
    standard app. Got me where I wanted no bother.
    Downloaded that waze app there my estate and others which are 30-40 plus years old are not even on the map..

Just looked up navigon at €70-90 it would want to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

I used Navfree for a long time but the app doesn't work any more, just says "cannot contact server" so I deleted it as they seem to be gone out of business. Is this the case?

Nope, works fine for me. Try installing it again and make sure you're connected to the net when putting in addresses.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

sumo12 wrote: »
    I used Navfree for a long time but the app doesn't work any more, just says "cannot contact server" so I deleted it as they seem to be gone out of business. Is this the case?
    I got that a lot in Italy this year.

I think their servers are just glitchy. Half the time it would work fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement