Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kells? Any recc?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

A family friend has just moved to Carnaross, Kells.
    Was onto UPC already re: Broadband service & unfortunately the guy said none of Kells is covered.
    My friend would like to use the net for youtube, skype, netflix etc, so a fairly decent connection would be needed.
    Anyone suggest any companies they are happy with in the area,
    Would really appreciate feedback on this, thanks!
    (Not interested in TV etc, just the BB)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

zef wrote: »
    Was onto UPC already re: Broadband service & unfortunately the guy said none of Kells is covered.
    My friend would like to use the net for youtube, skype, netflix etc, so a fairly decent connection would be needed.

Either DSL (eircom) or http://www.net1.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Thanks a lot, i'll check that out.
    Your location has made me stick on Dark Side Of The Moon, so cheers for that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

zef wrote: »

As above

What are all different/various types of broadband connect or access in Kells as I would like to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

No cable in Kells.

No wireless broadband that I ever heard of, though there probably is for rural areas.

That leaves DSL broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Geuze wrote: »
    No cable in Kells.

No wireless broadband that I ever heard of, though there probably is for rural areas.

That leaves DSL broadband.

There is wireless from Digiweb but its not their Metro wireless, its only 1mb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement