Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropkick Murphys - Vicar St - 12th Jan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Meesared wrote: »
    Got my ticket for sunday and saturday :D

Ha, seriously? I heard a few people saying they might go to both shows and I almost asked for both nights myself but I'd be wrecked after the first night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Anyone been to the Balcony standing before, if so whats it like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Yep :D I know theyre gonna mix it up across the two shows, so i wanna be at both

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ha, seriously? I heard a few people saying they might go to both shows and I almost asked for both nights myself but I'd be wrecked after the first night. :)

Same here, going both nights

What the chances of buying a print of ya, if not too expensive (cos i spent all me money on DKM tickets!!!)

I'll sort ya out with something very cheap for the obvious diehard fan enthusiasm, when they are processed I'm mail you a link and you can pick one out. I'm trying to get confirmation on who all the support bands are at the moment, I know frank turner is doing saturday and I think blood or whiskey are doing the sunday, I think hudson taylor is doing saturday too but I'm also trying to sus out if they have any secret special guests for the night. I shoot shows 24/7 but nothing beats these boys when they come to town so right away it will probably be one of the best gigs of 2013. :)

• Advertisement

I'll sort ya out with something very cheap for the obvious diehard fan enthusiasm, when they are processed I'm mail you a link and you can pick one out. I'm trying to get confirmation on who all the support bands are at the moment, I know frank turner is doing saturday and I think blood or whiskey are doing the sunday, I think hudson taylor is doing saturday too but I'm also trying to sus out if they have any secret special guests for the night. I shoot shows 24/7 but nothing beats these boys when they come to town so right away it will probably be one of the best gigs of 2013. :)

Cheers Lisa, if it wasn't for Rammstein the DKM Feb gig would have been my best of 2012.

How's this for diehard, we got married in Sept 2009 on a boat in Greece, wife walked down the aisle, well, onto the boat, to 'Shipping up to Boston', I didn't know she had that planned so well pleased!

That's a great surprise and very thoughtful, I'm trying to get my guy to meet Bruce Springsteen the next time he plays Ireland, he hasn't a clue but I know it would make his day. I'd want slayer at my wedding though lol :)

That's a great surprise and very thoughtful, I'm trying to get my guy to meet Bruce Springsteen the next time he plays Ireland, he hasn't a clue but I know it would make his day. I'd want slayer at my wedding though lol :)

Had a slayer track in our wedding music for later, much to the horror of our relatives

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Acoustic session again ? was unexpected and great at the last gig in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hope not, was alright last time as a once off but including Boys on the Docks in it was a real let down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 RightHalfBack

Any suprise special guests on the night I wonder?

Shane McGowan for good rats?
    Seen Spider Stacy with them in London once,

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

didnt Spider play with them in the tripod a few years back ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i shot them way back in 2005 ish, first gig i ever shot, the crowd surfing end of show, pity the 3 song rule kills it. never shot vicar street, whats the lighting like... always thought i was a little dark there

i shot them way back in 2005 ish, first gig i ever shot, the crowd surfing end of show, pity the 3 song rule kills it. never shot vicar street, whats the lighting like... always thought i was a little dark there
    3 song rule?

3 song rule?

Photographers get to take the first 3 songs from the security pit then they're out, sometimes, albeit rarely, with bigger bands it maybe less.

Ah I didnt know that! Thanks :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not one to turn down an opportunity to visit Irish shores, and never afraid to give a nod to his Gaelic roots, Ken is planning on making the most of this trip.

"Yeah between the band, and with Boston being five hours away, and being able to get here easier than California, I've probably been to Ireland like 15 or 20 times now. You know, some trips are better than others, sometimes you get time to see the sites and do your thing, and other times it's kind of in and out."

"Somehow we always seem to end up in the Temple Bar area, usually for a little too long, too often. I think actually the next trip we're doing is in January. We're doing two nights and we're coming a day early so that'll probably be the longest amount of time we've ever been in Dublin."

Ill be in the Foggy Dew on sat night would love to run into them ha

If someone finds them on sat night, for the love of god post it here :D

If someone finds them on sat night, for the love of god post it here :D

Where's the foggy dew? We're gonna go Gypsy Rose for 4ish.

And yeah, post here if the band are around

scudzilla wrote: »
    Where's the foggy dew? We're gonna go Gypsy Rose for 4ish.

And yeah, post here if the band are around

Ha the Foggy Dew is http://www.facebook.com/thefoggydew.dublin?ref=ts&fref=ts

Pity i wont have access to boards when im out :mad:

• Advertisement

The 3 song rule is really just to get your shots and then be out of the pit so you aren't too much of a problem for security or the band themselves. Every now and then a band will signal me to hang around after the first 3 or even to shoot from the stage but its rare enough and I'm more than happy with 3 - for the DKM's it will probably be about 10mins so I'll have to work fast. Someone asked what the lighting was like in vicar street? some of the best in the country, its up there with the point only the point can be too bright. They are doing VIP packages at the moment for fans to meet the band/get autographs/posters/etc so I might offer to shoot that for them too depending on the time, the upgrade for sunday is cheaper and I only ever see a handful of people doing the VIP upgrades. They probably will hit the town after the show for a few pints, not sure where yet though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

The 3 song rule is really just to get your shots and then be out of the pit so you aren't too much of a problem for security or the band themselves. Every now and then a band will signal me to hang around after the first 3 or even to shoot from the stage but its rare enough and I'm more than happy with 3 - for the DKM's it will probably be about 10mins so I'll have to work fast. Someone asked what the lighting was like in vicar street? some of the best in the country, its up there with the point only the point can be too bright. They are doing VIP packages at the moment for fans to meet the band/get autographs/posters/etc so I might offer to shoot that for them too depending on the time, the upgrade for sunday is cheaper and I only ever see a handful of people doing the VIP upgrades. They probably will hit the town after the show for a few pints, not sure where yet though.

really?? i always thought that it was academy 2 standard, saying that i havent been there in a decade and avoided gigs there presuming the lights we cack

Nah its a proper lighting setup now and lighting technicians that know what they are doing, I rarely shoot in Academy 2 its all leds but I think I'm back in the regular Academy either monday or tuesday, it can be hit or miss up there depending on the type of band. Dragonforce was the brightest show there last year, got some decent shots but Ministry was the worst.

Just having a look at your stuff on flickr at the moment, I knew I'd seen the name before for something to do with Danbo, small country :)

Just won a pair of meet and greet passes for tomorrow on Radio Nova, fcukin delighted

Just won a pair of meet and greet passes for tomorrow on Radio Nova, fcukin delighted

Well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I have a standing ticket for Saturday night available, as my gigging buddy has dropped out - fool! Face value to a fan. PM me if you're interested and we can meet up before the gig.

I hate you , but you can make it up to me by asking them where they will be after the gig :p

I hate you , but you can make it up to me by asking them where they will be after the gig :p

PM me yer mobile number, i'll ask them and text ya

Will be wayyyyy to hammered to navigate boards

EDIT: Forget that, i shouldn't be too hammered by the Meet and Greet, will ask them and post here, also find out what they've planned for the Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The band were drinking in the Thomas House last night, just across the road from the venue.

• Advertisement

Meet and greet was ****in awesome.

Got a limited Dublin dropkicks poster, signed by artist, limited to 90, CD and Dublin limited shirt, got all them signed.

Walked into soundcheck, maybe 20 of us there, Al jumps off stage and gives us all a beer, they then plated 5 songs, after that they spent 45mins signing.

Got some awesome pics, will post maybe Monday

Advertisement