Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropkick Murphys - Vicar St - 12th Jan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wow, just wow

27 song set of which 18 will be different tomorrow night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

scudzilla wrote: »
    Meet and greet was ****in awesome.

Got a limited Dublin dropkicks poster, signed by artist, limited to 90, CD and Dublin limited shirt, got all them signed.

Walked into soundcheck, maybe 20 of us there, Al jumps off stage and gives us all a beer, they then plated 5 songs, after that they spent 45mins signing.

Got some awesome pics, will post maybe Monday

I could swear I actually saw you at one point of the night, I was shooting from the stage to get some crowd reactions and when he went "anyone coming here again tomorrow night" a guy was waving his arms and jumping up and down, big enough guy up on the balcony ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Nice gig tonight - loved Rose Tattoo, Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya, Shipping up to Boston and the acoustic set - Al seemed to be struggling a bit on some of the louder vocals in the earlier songs, with Ken jumping in to help. Mat Kelly does amazing work on drums. He must have amazing stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

To the w*nker who stole my wallet. Hope you die in hell.

8374376509_7edc1efa34_z.jpg
    One of the first pics from tonight, it was hell shoving past so much security, then someones shoe came flying over the barrier and just missed my head :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Good enough gig. Didn't like the set list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So who's going tonight?

Freddy T wrote: »
    Hopefully the New Years diet is working

Ehhh??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Freddy T wrote: »
    Hopefully the New Years diet is working

Totally uncalled for!

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Totally uncalled for!

6 posts and site banned, just trolled for all 6, and varied forums too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So....

What was the setlist from last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

NufcNavan wrote: »
    To the w*nker who stole my wallet. Hope you die in hell.

+1 for the one who stole my phone.
    As a warning to anyone going tonight there seemed to be a blitz by pickpockets last night particularly of phones . Saw/met at least 30 people whose phones were nicked. Guard outside said he never saw anything like the aount of phones robbed in one venue in a single night.
    On the plus side , thought it was a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Great gig :D

Feeling bit sore this morning, but happy and content. Even got to be on the stage at the end :D
    That's one off the bucket list :o

So sorry to hear those with phones/wallets stolen :(
    Hope Karma gets them back big time!! What F**kers!! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

heading tonight, gonna be good i hope

The Boys Are Back
    Captain Kelly's Kitchen
    Prisoner's Song
    Sunday Hardcore Matinee
    Bastards on Parade
    Blood and Whiskey
    My Hero
    Don't Tear Us Apart
    Your Spirit's Alive
    The Irish Rover
    The Gauntlet
    Out On The Town
    Which Side Are You On?
    Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya
    Boys on the Docks
    Jimmy Collins' Wake
    Rose Tattoo
    Burn
    I'm Shipping Up to Boston
    Worker's Song

Encore:
    Barroom Hero
    Fields of Athenry
    Citizen C.I.A.
    End of the Night
    Skinhead on the MBTA
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    (AC/DC cover)

Pretty sure that was the set-list I meant to grab a physical copy from the stage but forgot.
    I'm letting management know about the pickpockets.

8375886761_4ef4e7cb34_z.jpg
    Loved Frank Turner, I'd go to one of his shows any day.
    The first guys ..Hudson Taylor ..no just no.

done - they are going to keep an eye out tonight, hopefully at least one pick pocket gets nabbed.
    I'd love to see them try that on at a Slayer gig, then get caught in the act.

Full sets are up both Flickr and Facebook. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

The Boys Are Back
    Captain Kelly's Kitchen
    Prisoner's Song
    Sunday Hardcore Matinee
    Bastards on Parade
    Blood and Whiskey
    My Hero
    Don't Tear Us Apart
    Your Spirit's Alive
    The Irish Rover
    The Gauntlet
    Out On The Town
    Which Side Are You On?
    Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya
    Boys on the Docks
    Jimmy Collins' Wake
    Rose Tattoo
    Burn
    I'm Shipping Up to Boston
    Worker's Song

Encore:
    Barroom Hero
    Fields of Athenry
    Citizen C.I.A.
    End of the Night
    Skinhead on the MBTA
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    (AC/DC cover)

Pretty sure that was the set-list I meant to grab a physical copy from the stage but forgot.
    I'm letting management know about the pickpockets.

8375886761_4ef4e7cb34_z.jpg
    Loved Frank Turner, I'd go to one of his shows any day.
    The first guys ..Hudson Taylor ..no just no.

done - they are going to keep an eye out tonight, hopefully at least one pick pocket gets nabbed.
    I'd love to see them try that on at a Slayer gig, then get caught in the act.
    Heh the set list was taken by my friend :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Anyone know if tickets are available for tonight ?

Seems to be going by ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What time did they come on stage last night, the usual...around 9?

It was 9.15 - 9.30 from my memory

• Advertisement

21:32 <- on the dot

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PaulieBeef

Any word on the pickpocket situation tonight (Sunday)? I've never seen anything like Saturday night. I had a brand new iPhone 5 stolen from my pocket halfway through the second song. Initially I thought I dropped it and I was looking on the floor - when i was searching around (trying not to get my fingers broken in the pit:)) I noticed a fair few emptied wallets lying around as well. When I went to report it to security there were about 6 other people there with the same story. When I reported it to the guards after the gig, there was a steady stream of people coming up to them reporting phones/wallets stolen. Un-bloody-believable :mad:. They were obviously a very well organised gang, and there must have been a good few of them involved.
    The whole thing ruined a good night for me - I couldn't get back into the spirit of things after that. Spent the rest of the gig up on the balcony trying to spot the bastards....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So this was ****ing awesome! Blood and whiskey were terrible I thought, the songs were'nt bad but jesus it was like amateur hour up there, the mic came unplugged, the lead singer was constantly tripping over himself, just a shambles.

Frank turner was amazing, I could gladly watch that man play every day for the rest of my life, shoulda scrapped the first act and gave him 15 extra minutes.

Dkm, what can I say. Consistently one of the most fun bands you'll ever see, insane crowded and sweaty but so enjoyable. New stuff sounds solid as well.

Blood and whiskey were crap, Frank was awesome.

Dropkicks were just amazing, better than Sat night, crowd was fcukin NUTS!!!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Blood and whiskey were crap, Frank was awesome.

Dropkicks were just amazing, better than Sat night, crowd was fcukin NUTS!!!
    That mosh pit in the middle was proper mental!

Really blood and whiskey were crap? half of the reason I was going to go back tonight was to cover them, kind of glad I stayed put now :)

Was there any pickpockets around tonight? I told management and I think they issued a warning. I managed to chat to Frank just before the gig and he is a proper gent, shame he wasn't the only support with double the set time.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

setlist for sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PhatboyEire

Was there any pickpockets around tonight? I told management and I think they issued a warning.

didnt see anyone out of sorts tonight about getting pickpocketed.
    as for issueing a warning, the 2 doormen were warning everyone all night going in to keep an eye on their stuff that there were thefts the previous night , dont think i saw anyone get past the security without being told (was out a few times over the course of the night for a cig)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

didnt see anyone out of sorts tonight about getting pickpocketed.
    as for issueing a warning, the 2 doormen were warning everyone all night going in to keep an eye on their stuff that there were thefts the previous night , dont think i saw anyone get past the security without being told (was out a few times over the course of the night for a cig)

I know this is going slightly OT , but fair play to the venue for reacting well to the issues the previous night and to Lisa for highlighting it with them.
    Was great to see the pics from Sat Night as all mine were on my phone !!!

Advertisement