Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potty training seems to be forgotten

Options
  • 08-10-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

hi all

started potty training about 2 months ago, all was good had no problems suddenly for the last week our 3 year old has just been weeing in his pants not even making an attempt to go/tell us he needs to go. any ideas on anything we can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Hi Caspa307

I completely understand what your going through as I had exactly the same experience with my little girl.

I did a lot of research and it can be any amount of reasons a wee change in their life ( I had a new baby which explained my ladies regression) or it can be quite simply they have learned it and they are so busy learning new things they forget it. I spoke at length to my PHN about it and her advice was to record all the accidents and see is there a trend with it whether it be when they are upset or maybe completely distracted playing!

She then advised be like a toilet Nazi bring them to the toilet every 2 to 2 and a half hours and make a big deal when they go in toilet a little reward maybe a sticker or a button or something! If they do have an accident let them know that they are big now and have to do wees in toilet.

It really worked well for us and my little lady is doing very well her accidents are few and far between now !

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Emcm wrote: »
    Hi Caspa307

I completely understand what your going through as I had exactly the same experience with my little girl.

I did a lot of research and it can be any amount of reasons a wee change in their life ( I had a new baby which explained my ladies regression) or it can be quite simply they have learned it and they are so busy learning new things they forget it. I spoke at length to my PHN about it and her advice was to record all the accidents and see is there a trend with it whether it be when they are upset or maybe completely distracted playing!

She then advised be like a toilet Nazi bring them to the toilet every 2 to 2 and a half hours and make a big deal when they go in toilet a little reward maybe a sticker or a button or something! If they do have an accident let them know that they are big now and have to do wees in toilet.

It really worked well for us and my little lady is doing very well her accidents are few and far between now !

Good luck

thank you for your advice

Advertisement