Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to fix the problem - the capitalist’s viewpoint

• 08-10-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Peter Schiff is very well respected in financial circles and is trying to clear up some of the misconceptions.

It is from a USA perspective but is applicable to Ireland also.

I was watching it and found myself jumping from both sides of the fence at different points depending on what he had to say.

Peter makes some very controversial points and it will be an interesting view on how to improve the economy.

Basically he says the government should let the corporations run free and interest rates should be increased and that would actually improve all our lives.

The best part is from an hour onwards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

arbitrage wrote: »
    Peter Schiff is very well respected in financial circles and is trying to clear up some of the misconceptions.

It is from a USA perspective but is applicable to Ireland also.

I was watching it and found myself jumping from both sides of the fence at different points depending on what he had to say.

Peter makes some very controversial points and it will be an interesting view on how to improve the economy.

Basically he says the government should let the corporations run free and interest rates should be increased and that would actually improve all our lives.

The best part is from an hour onwards]

An hour onwards? GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

summerskin wrote: »
    An hour onwards? GTFO

Ah you're right, an hour to expand your knowledge is not worth it especially when you could watch videos of scumbags getting a slap on Talbot street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

An hour onwards? GTFO
    Ah you're right, an hour to expand your knowledge is not worth it especially when you could watch videos of scumbags getting a slap on Talbot street.

Ah heeyah, leave it fuckin' ou'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Where does he stand on the immigrants? I hear they caused all the problems.

An hour onwards? GTFO

Doubt it will expand my knowledge to be honest, it's pretty damn thorough on this subject.

Also busy running a company with a €700bn p.a. turnover, so no time for overlong windbag YouTube clips posted by people who proffer little in the way of their own opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Also busy running a company with a €700bn p.a. turnover.

Do you own the Batter Burger company?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

A good capitalist should love immigrants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Doubt it will expand my knowledge to be honest, it's pretty damn thorough on this subject.

Also busy running a company with a €700bn p.a. turnover, so no time for overlong windbag YouTube clips posted by people who proffer little in the way of their own opinions.
    But time to post on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Simple economics.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Also busy running a company with a €700bn p.a. turnover.

Do you own the Batter Burger company?

Just the batter side, the burgers are too big for one man.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A good capitalist should love immigrants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Closed at ops request.

Thread already in Irish Economy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement