Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal - Chargebacks and Charges

Options
  • 08-10-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Maybe some PayPal sellers can relate to this and hopefully help me in my situation.

I sell non-tangible goods online, in particular I sell Web Hosting to my customers and have been doing so for over a year now. PayPal has always been my default and only payment gateway.

A particular customer of mine had purchased my web hosting service and renewed it 4 times over the course of 3 months. These are entered into PayPal as 4 separate transactions.

The customer got their service and I got my payments on time. I had been in contact with the customer via e-mail and everything was fine and I received no complaints.

Last week I receive 4 separate e-mails from PayPal saying that the buyer had filled for chargebacks with his credit card company and that the funds were put on hold. This was frustrating as I had provided this service and now my account is 4 payments lighter than it was. I tried contact the buyer via e-mail to which they ignored and tried contact PayPal via e-mail where to this day they have not responded.

Today I received as you guess 4 e-mails from PayPal saying that they have seen these disputes in the buyers favour and returned their funds. This I am okay with as the buyer is clearly a fraudster and I'm not at a great loss as the goods are non-tangible. It's frustrating but It could be worse.

And it is worse.. For each of those transactions I was charged $20 by PayPal which is quoted as a "chargeback settlement fee."

This is ludicrous and I can't fathom how PayPal can see this as being reasonable. Surely the costs should lie with the buyer.

I can't be the only person caught out by this. So maybe somebody could share their situation and advise a course of action as I want these funds back.

My PayPal balance is negative and I will not be depositing funds from my bank account just so some company that doesn't have the curtsey to reply to my e-mail can continue to butt f*** me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Emails tend to get ignored

Call them 1890 943 220

Advertisement