Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online billing questions

Options
  • 08-10-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am a residential customer.

I was wondering if I sign up for the paperless bills are my previous bills available for viewing straight away or is it only my bills from when I register with the paperless service? Can I use the online system and still have my bill posted to me as it is at the moment too?

Also is it possible to enter more than one email address when signing up for the paperless system so the bills can go to multiple people? I would like to know the answers to these questions before I sign up.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Charlie_says,

Signing up for online billing enables the customer to view previous bills going back as far as approximately 18 months beforehand.

It is not possible to set up an automatic system of billing both via online and post, but it can be done manually, so if you set up online billing, you can contact us each billing period to request the bill be posted to you also.

It is only possible to have one email address on an Electric Ireland domestic account - and it needs to match the name of the account-holder.

If you would like any further assistance, do le me know.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭I dont know

Hi, I have a query about online billing on behalf of my Dad.

He has a holiday home in Donegal, but he’s from the North, and obviously has northern bank accounts etc.
    He signed up for the online account and tried to setup direct debit payment, but couldn’t. He sent an email to Electric Ireland and was told he couldn’t pay with a northern visa, but he could do it over the phone?

That was ok (well not really) but he hasn’t received a bill since he signed up online (May). By signing up online, has he automatically signed up for paper free billing?

Is there any chance he’ll be able to pay by direct debit from a northern account in future? Or even via paypal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi there I dont know,

Yes, once a customer sets up online billing, the paper bills are no longer issued to them.
    A customer needs to complete registration for online billing here and once they have access, they can review previous bills.

Unfortunately there is no automated payment option for customers using non ROI bank accounts - and there are no apparent plans for same either. Would setting up a limited use current account in a Donegal bank be an option for your father?

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement