Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elderly couple get busted for cultivating massive cannabis plant bought at boot sale.

• 08-10-2012 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

"An elderly couple have been busted for growing cannabis after unknowingly buying a plant at a car boot sale.

Police who seized the bush in a drugs bust at the couple's Bedford home on Friday and said it was the biggest they had seen.

The couple were shocked to find that their carefully tended shrub was in fact a gigantic cannabis plant".

More than likely this was rogue male plant that was sold to off to them. It is over two weeks since the September Equinox and no visible signs of natural budding. Any good grower would have up rooted and destroyed this plant long ago. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214208/Busted-Elderly-couple-caught-drugs-raid-thriving-shrub-bought-car-boot-sale-turned-cannabis-plant.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Breaking bush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They haven't even been charged with anything.

This story is hardly even worthy of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They haven't even been charged with anything.

This story is hardly even worthy of you.
    Did I mention anything about charges? :rolleyes:

"Elderly couple caught up in drugs raid" = busted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

The elderly couple should be left the fook alone even if they were smoking it. Feck it the government should supply you a free massive cannabis plant when you retire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭WhimSock

'when I said I needed a cane, this is not what I meant'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

They should be stoned for crimes against humanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Yeah... it's pretty big......I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Did I mention anything about charges? :rolleyes:

"Elderly couple caught up in drugs raid" = busted.

Oooohhhhh touchy. I didn't say you did.

I'm just saying it hasn't got your usual conspiracy or anti-authority slant.

All that happened was the cops took it off them. Hardly unfair at all, it's really a non-story.

Give us something about mind control capsules in cans of sprite or tracking beacons in nappies or something, c'mon man - up your game would ya?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

At least the cops didn't make a hash of the arrest!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Daily Mail in Sensationalizing A Really Boring Story shocker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

hmmmmmmmmmmm fiddy squid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I hope they measure the productivity of the police force over the coming weeks. If and when charges are brought, they will probably get 100 years, unlike little johnny scumbag who shoots his rivals when they're selling on his turf, who only gets 6 months because he's disadvantaged.

Looks male though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Should´ve gone to Specsavers.:)

They went out to buy a potted plant and what they got was a pot plant.:D

How come that has never happened to me in my local garden centre?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

yet another rubbish daily mail promotion thread which is rubbish.

do us a favour maite, start a rubbish irish newspaper promotion thread which is rubbish, just for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

when I'm all wrinkly and old, I think I might become a drug dealer for the 'crack'

Advertisement