Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedding for pram / moses basket

Options
  • 08-10-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

2 quick questions on baby bedding:

* should I bother buying seperate bedding for the pram and/or moses basket, or will cot-size suffice and be better value in the long-term?

and

* where are the best places to buy bedding, i.e. sheets, blankets, quilts, the works? 'best' being a combination of quality and economic, we're not minted ;)

I've seen they have sheets in tesco, bought one just to see if the quality was ok, it felt pretty decent, nice n soft...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Guineys is brilliant for cellular blankets and sheets.
    I used pillowcases as sheets as well as moses basket sheets and used the same for both.
    We had a big moses basket and quite a big pram carrycot.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I too used pillowcases as sheets in the pram. I never used a Moses basket, just used the big cot from day 1, but I'd say you could use them in that too.

I got my cellular blankets in Guineys. They're nice and soft and wash really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Pillow case for moses basket mattress definitely. No need for fancy sheets.

I found Ikea good for cot bedding. Also picked stuff up in guineys, dunnes, tescos, none of which are terribly expensive.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Is Guineys not gone??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Nope.and to make it even better -
    http://michaelguineys.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Nope.and to make it even better -
    http://michaelguineys.ie/

Yep. I ordered my stuff online and it was delivered to me here within days. Brilliant! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Wow, Guineys is online?!? :-D truly we have entered a new modern age.

Thanks all for the great replies, glad i didn't go spend a ton on moses basket sheets :)

Advertisement