Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free food and Coffee for the Gardai in some establishments.

12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

K-9 wrote: »
    Thread is on its last legs. That's the end of bringing in a box of chocolates to teachers at the end of the school year apparently.

This was an utterly stupid thread. 100% anti Garda.

All Emergency Service Personnel get discounted coffee in some petrol stations. If people have a problem with it make a complaint to the relevant petrol stations.

Why do some people offer a cup of tea to Emergency Service Workers??

Some old granny's give a cup of tea to Gardai they see walking past their house, or who call in to make sure they are ok and have actually talked to somebody that week.

If there is a house fire in an estate the odd time somebody brings a tray full of cups of tea to the firemen putting out the fire.

One weekend when I was working with a mountain rescue team searching for a presumed suicide victim and we met in a pub car park, guess what?

The landlord invited us all in for a hot cup of tea... on the house!!!!

Shock horror.

All those people are looking out for themselves....The country is corrupt from the bottom up! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Well i would not begrudge them a coffee and a snack they work hard enough dealing with all sorts this day and age one tough job

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

some people seem to have no common sense at all. how can you compare a Garda getting a cup of coffee to a politician receiving a brown envelope. do you think a Gardai would abuse their authority for a cup of coffee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Turner wrote: »
    This was an utterly stupid thread. 100% anti Garda.

All Emergency Service Personnel get discounted coffee in some petrol stations. If people have a problem with it make a complaint to the relevant petrol stations.

Why do some people offer a cup of tea to Emergency Service Workers??

Some old granny's give a cup of tea to Gardai they see walking past their house, or who call in to make sure they are ok and have actually talked to somebody that week.

If there is a house fire in an estate the odd time somebody brings a tray full of cups of tea to the firemen putting out the fire.

One weekend when I was working with a mountain rescue team searching for a presumed suicide victim and we met in a pub car park, guess what?

The landlord invited us all in for a hot cup of tea... on the house!!!!

Shock horror.

All those people are looking out for themselves....The country is corrupt from the bottom up! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In fairness I havent seen it happen. I dont particualry have a problem with it but I do see a problem with unconditional respect been shown to any group in society. That in itself causes problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

. do you think a Gardai would abuse their authority for a cup of coffee?
    Just one cup of coffee and a snack bar per day could be worth 600 - 700 euro a year. Get stopped by the Garda on the way home from the pub slightly over....ah sure off home with ye.....a bit over the speed limit, a verbal warning....no seat belt, never noticed;)
    Would you bite the hand that fed ye? No, thought not.
    Some planners have been influenced for less.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Japer wrote: »
    Just one cup of coffee and a snack bar per day could be worth 600 - 700 euro a year. Get stopped by the Garda on the way home from the pub slightly over....ah sure off home with ye.....a bit over the speed limit, a verbal warning....no seat belt, never noticed;)
    Would you bite the hand that fed ye? No, thought not.
    Some planners have been influenced for less.
    I am willing to bet that people don't get away with drink driving, speeding or no seatbelt just because someone got a free coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Japer wrote: »
    yes me, me and everyone else who does not get the free coffee / booze / meals / brown envelopes.

Must throw in a €500 note in the box of chocolates to those teachers, and here ends this this thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement