Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry - Email

Options
  • 08-10-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

I have a Blackberry 9900 and I have a question regarding email.

I am going away for a few weeks and I need to know if emails can be turned off.

I know you can switch data to 'off' but by switching it back on (which I know I will be tempted to do/or I may need to for other reasons) all of the emails that you are trying to avoid will flood in.

What I am hoping for is that emails will be deactivated on my phone but will come as normal to my desktop and that I won't have the option to turn it back on until I return.

This may avoid me getting lynched for constantly checking emails!!! I know this email is probably nothing more than a window into my lack of self control;)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Why not disable data services and just use wifi. If you disable data services then data over the network will not work but data over wifi will. So if you're in a free wifi zone (or if you're paying to use wifi) you'll get your email.

Another thing to consider is that if you do use network data then the emails shouldn't cost too much while roaming as the blackberry service compresses data by nearly 50%. Just avoid downloading attachments and stick to just reading the text of the email.

Advertisement