Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyscanlon Forest

Options
  • 08-10-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know the directions to this place.have to do a project on it for college (I have to construct a guided walk of the place).

Are there any walking trails there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Check out 'Ballyscanlon forest, County Waterford' on google maps and you will see the general area. One road curves nearer to the reservoir. If you go down that one you will come to a car park - it was closed to cars the last time I was there, but it may be open again. You can walk down there though.

There are paths, but afaik not signed. If you head off left from the carpark you can follow a longish path that takes you round the north side of the lake, it gets mucky and marshy towards the end and may not be passable.

If you head right down through the woods there is an easier path that bears right, round the southern edge of the lake, then turns right back up to the road.

There is more forest between the lower road and the higher road, but I do not know if there are any paths.

I kind of feel obliged to suggest you go with a friend, as it is a bit lonely and remote around there, though I have never heard of any problems.

Advertisement