Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Three Really That Bad?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Absolutely no issues with three. Bought my iPhone 4S outright and on the 20e a month tariff prepay-even has tethering. I only went above my 20 in phone calls one month when I was in hospital and was ringing a lot. Everything else suits me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Absolutely no issues with three. Bought my iPhone 4S outright and on the 20e a month tariff prepay-even has tethering. I only went above my 20 in phone calls one month when I was in hospital and was ringing a lot. Everything else suits me!

Tethering is against their T&CS on 3pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

whiterebel wrote: »

Tethering is against their T&CS on 3pay
    Signed up before they banned it entirely so it's useable and the guy in the shop actually told me when selling it I could use it. Tbh I don't use if very often anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

gafarrell wrote: »
    Absolute discrace of a network. Honestly dont even consider it. Worst company i ever had the privilage of dealing with.

Absolute disgrace of an network. Absolute disgrace of a company

Stay well clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Signed up before they banned it entirely so it's useable and the guy in the shop actually told me when selling it I could use it. Tbh I don't use if very often anyways!

It wasn never permitted on prepay to start with.
    They just haven't actively blocked it. Yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Noble Automaton

I have been with Vodafone, Meteor, O2 and I switched to 3 in July. I have no complaints so far and their €20 a month 3Pay suits me perfectly. When I was with O2, my main cost was the data add-on I needed(€5 for 200mb or €10 for 700mb :O ). The Meteor reception in my area is terrible so I only stayed with them for about a year and a half. I didn't have many problems with Vodafone but I left them around 2005-2007 so I'm not sure what they are like now.

I also use 3 for my broadband package(Only provider in the area) and that's the only thing that I have a problem with. When you need customer support they forward you to a call centre in India and put you onto someone who has no idea what they are doing, can have a very strong accent and it seems at times they are just following a script on their screen. Many companies do this so I wouldn't use it as an excuse to not go with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

find them very good overall.
    I pay €45 a month and I never get near my limit plus I have unlimited data which is a godsend.
    3 coverage is a bit sketchy in my home area but not too pushed really about it.

Vodafone on the other hand..their bloody price plans are ridiculous.
    GF went in to day to get a new phone and even though she specified she only wanted to pay at most €20-30 a month the guy had her down for a €46 a month contract for 2 years...luckily enough I spotted it and stopped her right at the last minute before she signed.
    But for that price she was getting 100 mins to other networks and unlimited texts and a whopping 500mb of data :rolleyes:
    With 3 I get 350 units (have tethering on my existing contract) and all I can eat data so I can't see myself switching from them soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

mfceiling wrote: »
    With them 7 or 8 years now.

Find them good....bills of 70 - 80 a month and I'm a fairly heavy user for work.

No bother with customer care either.

Why is anyone paying 70 to 80 pm when there are sub 35 / month unlimited calls, texts and 15gb data offers available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

With them a month now and no issues with service.
    First phone I got was damaged and was a bit of hassle getting it replaced but got there in the end.
    From a coverage point of view, no issues, calls clear, data perfect on my commute to work in the morning.
    I had issues with vodafone and emobile data in a blackspot on the way to work but its fine on 3.
    Speeds are pretty decent.
    I have been with all the providers over the years, they are all pretty much the same, if everything works you will have no issues.
    If you need any sort of support they are a nightmare, 3 are no different with the added headache of the indian call centre.
    It is extremely difficult and frustrating to talk to customer support.
    As with anyone who asks me, I would suggest trying a ready to go sim to test coverage etc.
    I am luck as I am fairly central in both home and work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm a pretty satisfied customer with 3 BillPay

- I like the idea of FlexUnits, I don't have the patience to evaluate texts/calls packages
    - Three Like Home is an excellent idea
    - Good value and All You Can Eat Data is always welcome. They are competitive on price and more innovative than the other networks
    - No issues with customer service, always had any issues resolved pretty quickly (bar one... below)

The only negative I have is the 3G/Edge issue experienced by many users. It continues to be a problem 2 years after moving to them. Having said that, I've just renewed for the next 2 years, so that tells you how happy I am overall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement