Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with overclocking

Options
  • 08-10-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Right i think i have gone blind trying to overclock a i53570k
    (Actually here is my build http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80760022&postcount=8)
    And in uefi I can seem to find where to change the cpu voltage ???
    Only CPU offset
    i have o/c up to 42 with no problems, any higher and prime fails with hardware errors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I don't have that board, but I'm guessing that "CPU voltage offset" in pic #2 is what you're looking for. It's a bit unusual as you would normally given the actual voltage straight off but some makers do things a little differently.

Nudge it up a bit and see if your stability gets better and check to see if there's a change in the CPU-Z vcore reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Will try it.. Was just making sure most others just have the voltage as a number don't they .
    is all the other setting all right like the power saving ?? Disabling them all
    cheers for your help with this and picking the build as well

I'd normally disable speedstep/cool 'n quiet power saving modes when overclocking and then re-enable after stability tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

thanks for that
    k got it to 4.5 . but when i run prime it can drop back to 3.4 for a few seconds and voltage drops as well the it would jump back up to 4.5 .. is that normal if not any ideas on how to sort it

Maybe you're adjusting the turbo speed instead of the main multiplier? Hmm... there's an option for Intel Turbo boost. Try disabling that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement