Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storage heaters

Options
  • 08-10-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

never really knew too much about them would be greatful for peoples insight into them eg fault finding etc,just for future reference??!!
    cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

never really knew too much about them would be greatful for peoples insight into them eg fault finding etc,just for future reference??!!
    cheers guys

most problems i have encountered are the high limit stats which need to be manually reset
    generally i will bridge out the contactor and check that there is power to the elements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Agree with Meercat its usually high limit stat needs be reset - reason been people cover heaters with clothes/towels.
    Also double pole switch adjacent to heater sometimes faulty - energize contactor and use an amp meter to verify it working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

a clamp at the db
    -if heaters are identical the clamp or ohmeter will also show up blown heater elements

-or voltage tester at heater depending on what the problem is

-there should be a rule that heaters and combis have neon switches-if there isnt already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just a quick question lads if you wanted to remove storage heaters from a house what should be done withat the esb meters?Contact esb and get them to remove it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

crasy dash wrote: »
    Just a quick question lads if you wanted to remove storage heaters from a house what should be done withat the esb meters?Contact esb and get them to remove it?

yes esb networks are the people to contact
    there is a charge for removal
    there is also a standing charge if they are left in situ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

thanks lads,always have people askin me about them and i nver knew to much!useful info there i think!

Advertisement