Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there are bit of a flu going around?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 7:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

We're dropping like flies in my house!!!

Anyone else in bits?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Allah_ wrote: »
    We're dropping like flies in my house!!!

Anyone else in bits?

Yes, and I'm in Wales. It's everywhere!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Our office is decimated from it !!!
    Miserable bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

fluey cold and chesty? mark me in

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

ya deffo going around. a few at work had it last week. i got it last tuesday, took 3 days off and still feeling it in the chest. ick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Girlfriend is slowly dying at home, so possibly... Tis winter I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

Seems so, had a dose of it last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I don't believe that chesty thing is flu. It's not pleasant, but it's not flu.

The flu will put you immobile in bed for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

professore wrote: »
    I don't believe that chesty thing is flu. It's not pleasant, but it's not flu.

The flu will put you immobile in bed for a week.

I thought I had the flu loads of times... till I actually got the flu. It's a right bastard of a thing and something I won't confuse with a bad cold again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Seems to be a horrible chesty cold going around alright. Had it a couple of weeks ago and have only got rid of it in the last day or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yup! I've had it for about a month (complicated by asthma! :(). I'm just back from the quack's with steroids and more antibiotics. My in-laws have it, so has my niece and several of her friends. The only ones who haven't been affected are my husband & BiL -But then they're ******* bombproof!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've had flu twice in my life. Believe me, if it's 'flu you'll know about it. I was out for the count for three weeks with the last bout. Wasn't fully fit for about three months...

I've had this same discussion with my SiL. She's the type who thinks a bad headache is migraine, (which I suffer from). Believe me it's NOT!! And she's been telling everyone she sees that everyone in the house has 'flu. Which they certainly do not!! It's a bug going round, that's all, but try telling her that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I been out of work the last few days with a headcold which is actually worse now than on Tuesday. Its not flu. Flu is debilitating. Have to go back to work tmr though regardless. Id imagine I am laid out for the wknd anyway. Dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My boyfriend has a bad dose of it, he isn't a good patient at the best of times but he's particularly unwell with this flu/chesty cough thing this time.

I really hope I don't catch it because it seems to take me ages to recover from flues, last time I got it I was ill for over a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Myself, my husband and sons all have it and can't seem to shake it either! Is it too late for the flu jab?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

No,the flu jab will still protect you for the winter.

Advertisement