Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create A System Restore Image HELP!!

Options
  • 08-10-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys,

Quick question, I reformat and re-install windows a couple of times a year as it really speeds up my machine and gets it running nice a smoothly after months of me loading crap up onto it.

Reformatting and reinstalling Windows doesnt take me that long, it's re-installing all my programs that I use, removing the ones that i dont use, my user settings etc etc

I am wondering, I have just after finished re-installing windows right now. After I install Office, uTorrent, Adobe etc etc is there any way I can create a bootable restore image that I can use next time I decide to reformat! It would save me so much time if there was a way that when it restores, all my programs are there too

Any help much appreciated
    Cheers!!
    Allan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

There is, and it depends on what system you have, and also it would be handy if you have an externel hard drive because the image would be huge.
    Here is a how to in windows seven.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4241/how-to-create-a-system-image-in-windows-7/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Make use of "portable" software. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Allan84mv wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Quick question, I reformat and re-install windows a couple of times a year as it really speeds up my machine and gets it running nice a smoothly after months of me loading crap up onto it.

Reformatting and reinstalling Windows doesnt take me that long, it's re-installing all my programs that I use, removing the ones that i dont use, my user settings etc etc

I am wondering, I have just after finished re-installing windows right now. After I install Office, uTorrent, Adobe etc etc is there any way I can create a bootable restore image that I can use next time I decide to reformat! It would save me so much time if there was a way that when it restores, all my programs are there too

Any help much appreciated
    Cheers!!
    Allan

A couple of times a year? I'd look at the cause if you can? Why so often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Cork Skate wrote: »
    A couple of times a year? I'd look at the cause if you can? Why so often?
    This^^^

Bar Virus related theirs no need. W7 especially can take dogs abuse.

uh uh, left out windows blue/black:mad: screens.

• Advertisement

http://www.rt7lite.com/
    RT Se7en Lite is developed by Rockers Team to customize windows 7 operating system and to make it lite. You can add wallpapers, Icons, themes, integrate updates, drivers, language packs, applications, remove components, enable or disable features, unattended installation settings, bootable ISO and USB creator , etc. It will be very easy to operate and changing the style of your windows 7 operating system.

Advertisement