Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing cheque

Options
  • 08-10-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi
    im due a tax return check in the next week or two and i dont have a bank account and i have no wish to open one my question is whats my best option for cashing the check ie.would the boi change it if i brought it to college green where its issued from any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you present it in the branch from which it is drawn & you have a valid ID there should be no problem.
    Unless its crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

All revenue chqs are crossed. You will have to lodge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

no hope of cashing it....you need an account...although 3 1/2 year old account here with one post...looks like doesn't like using internet either...Tinfoil hat anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

Why not open a Credit Union or Post Office account, you could change it that way.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have had third party's cash cheques for me (even crossed ones) and lodge them into their own accounts.
    Especially something like that which is pretty much guaranteed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement