Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi's in Mullingar before 7am

Options
  • 08-10-2012 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Are there any taxi's in Mullingar that operate around 7:00am? I know of Begleys but they charge a fortune so I was wondering if there were any other, possibly cheaper taxi's running at that time of the morning?

James Farrell's don't start until 7:30am, which is too late for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I used to have a nightmare with taxi a couple of years ago for the early train. Three or four different ones in the space of a few weeks, just not turning up. Got settled in with one that started to operate like clockwork, and then after a couple of weeks just didn't turn up..... Very frustrating.

One particular operator who would have been very prominent in the town and boasted a 24 hour service was booked one morning.

I think it used to be about 06:40 that I was booking them. This taxi arrived outside anyway and I had a peek through the closed curtains to see them outside.

By the time I got outside he was tearing up the road without me!!! WTF I thought?

Rang him and he was roaring down the phone saying that he wasn't waiting around for someone to laugh out the window at him! He refused to come back. Absolute clown.

Sorry that I can't recommend one OP, but can tell you that you will need a trustworthy one if you rely on it regularly. If it's a once off I'm sure it'd be easy to book one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Name and shame please; i dont want to be caught giving my hard earned to cowboys...any more than i already am :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Westmeath Taxis (Gaybrook). (044)9348888 never let me down in almost three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Are there any taxi's in Mullingar that operate around 7:00am? I know of Begleys but they charge a fortune so I was wondering if there were any other, possibly cheaper taxi's running at that time of the morning?

James Farrell's don't start until 7:30am, which is too late for me.

I thought that since regulated metering began taxis all charge the same prices. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

ShaunC wrote: »
    I thought that since regulated metering began taxis all charge the same prices. :confused:
    I have no idea tbh.

I know this week I was charged between 5.50 and 8.50, for the same run, same time , every morning. Only one of those mornings we got caught at the lights and that run was about 6e I think.

I don't know where the difference is coming from, they only time they are waiting for me is when they arrive earlier than I ask them to, so I don't know am I being charged for them to wait or not. I should have queried it with them, but tbh, I was running for the bus, so I didn't ask, my own fault.

I will give Westmeath Taxis a ring today and see if they run at that time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement