Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will turning down overtime annoy my boss?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I'm on a part time contract and generally work three days a week. The last couple of months we've been under staffed so I have been getting a lot of overtime, which I am glad of! Today though my boss requested that I work 8 days in a row. I don't feel comfortable agreeing to this as I work in a high paced area and by the end of it I don't think I'd be able to do the job to the best of my abilities. I'm worried though that if I turn it down my boss will be annoyed and I won't get as much overtime. Should I just agree to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Talk to the boss, and explain your concerns. Maybe see if you can find some sort of compromise.

Advertisement