Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leading Armies - Limerick Band

• 08-10-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Someone sent me a link to Leading Armies recently. Can't believe I hadn't heard them. they're from Limerick and very talented.
    Link is here;

http://soundcloud.com/leading-armies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

They don't seem to be around that long. Heard them a few months ago on youtube and really want to get out to see them live sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Think they are off to Canada (or were there) for indie music week

seachto7 wrote: »
    Think they are off to Canada (or were there) for indie music week

Ya according to their Facebook page they are there at the moment.

They seem to be making big strides in a short space of time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I know a few of the guys from Ardscoil Rís. They were talented musicians even as young teenagers. A few of us thought they were a covers band the first night we saw them playing in town (as Leading Armies) because of how polished their songs sounded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hopefully they take over from the truely awful Hermitage Green as the big band in Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Hermitage Green seen to be doing very good,gigs in Dublin at Bucks townhouse,Academy sold out and soon in Whelans,there album was at itunes no 1 and played at Croke park and Electric Picnic surely they cant be doing covers at these gigs

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bigpink wrote: »
    Hermitage Green seen to be doing very good,gigs in Dublin at Bucks townhouse,Academy sold out and soon in Whelans,there album was at itunes no 1 and played at Croke park and Electric Picnic surely they cant be doing covers at these gigs

I think they have about 10 originals now that they play regularly. 4 of those are on the EP. They've 3 medleys as well, a few instrumental pieces (Rodrigo y Gabriella and a bit of trad) and the rest a mix of folk/blue-grass and covers.

Big on the rugby circuit! :)

....joking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Saw both in the Office and deffo leading armies are a better band

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Leading Armies played support to Bressie in the Milk Market. My first time hearing them and I thought they were fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing them again

• Advertisement

Well, one of the bands are all going to look like Peter Clohessy when they are 50.

Again, just joking............ :/

I'll get my coat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I heard yesterday that they are playing in Canada at the moment.
    Hopefully they will play in Dolan's or somewhere before they become too big.

I heard yesterday that they are playing in Canada at the moment.
    Hopefully they will play in Dolan's or somewhere before they become too big.

You're likely to find them in The Office every so often. I've seen them in Dolan's as well. And they still do the odd bit of busking. Outside Savins is one of their spots, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 archiemcl

LP launch Friday in Dolans warehouse... Check Facebook for more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Gillman1998

Just wondering whatever happened to Leading Armies - there's been nothing from them for a long time. Does anybody know if they are still together or what other things they might be doing instead?

Advertisement