Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Relief Query - HELP!!

Options
  • 08-10-2012 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm looking to claim rent relief from the PAYE online system as I've been renting since Feb 2011, however it says that I'm not eligable for rent relief unless I've been renting on or before 07/12/2010.

Is there any way I can claim rent relief if I didn't start renting until Feb 1st 2011 as I seems unfair that I can't when I've been renting now for over a year and a half?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

RP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi

Bad news I'm afraid there is not alot you can do see below from the revenue website. There will be a lot more credits phased out in the next budget to I would say to :-(

Tax years 2011 to 2017 inclusive

Credit for rent paid will be withdrawn on a phased basis over the next 7 years.
    The credit for the years 2011 onwards applies to individuals who were renting a propety on 7 December 2010. No credit is due to individuals who began renting after 7 December 2010.

Advertisement