Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep it up !!!

Options
  • 08-10-2012 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

spent a few hours in Galway city to day, it's been decades since I was there in the past, and needless to stay there have been many changes.

From what I saw there seemed to be a buzz of activity and business which unfortunately is missing from other cities and large towns, remembering that this was early on a Monday morning

Business premises are well kept and litter seems to be well under control

the traffic layout has changed since I was there last and I found the new one way layout a little misleading at first I found that traffic was moving well

I promise to return for a longer visit in the very near future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Glad we impressed you, Snowman707. Looking forward to your return visit (we love all tourists :) .... but please don't bring your white stuff.

Not sure why, but town was fair buzzing with tourists over the weekend too. Good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I think there was a half marathon and 10k run that weekend, hence the crowds.

Great buzz, and apparently it was converted to good trade in at least some cases.

I was speaking to someone in McCambridge's of Shop Street and it seems they had queues down the stairs and out the door for their new restaurant over the shop.

Advertisement